YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Healthy Living III - Personal Trainer
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Regular Part-Time
- # of Openings
- Coal Creek Family YMCA
- Health & Well-being
- 13750 Newcastle Golf Club Road
Provides specialized individual or small group training. Instructs individual or group wellness, fitness, trainings and/or related classes. Acts as a liaison and advocate for YMCA. Understands the Health Seeker target market and provides motivational coaching to members participating in ongoing YMCA programs. Must be available to work evengings and/or weekends.
- Plans and instructs classes or programs in a specialty area. Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and facilitates relationship building among participants and members. Provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Attends staff meetings and approved trainings as required.
- Sets up and takes down class equipment. Reports equipment problems.
- Ensures safe and effective classes. Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents.
- Conveys basic knowledge of all Y Total Health/Activate America programs.
- Tracks, monitors, evaluates and transitions assigned Total Health participants providing motivational support and counseling. Accurately maintains related records.
- Leads ongoing YMCA Total Health classes or programs in a specialized area.
- Current state approved first aid certification.*
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years experience teaching or practicing in specialized area.
- Total Service/Total Health Training**
- Ability to lead a class or provide individual service.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to motivate and educate members.
- Ability to set up, move and store equipment.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Personal Trainer : Nationally recognized certification such as YMCA Fitness Specialist Trainer, YMCA Fitness Testing and Assessment Specialist Trainer, ACSM, ACE, NSCA.
* Within thirty days of employment.
** Within 60 days of employment.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Trainer, Demonstrator, Coach, Physical education instructor,