YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director, YMCA Youth and Government
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Youth & Government
- PO Box 193
The Executive Director, YMCA Youth & Government is responsible for leading the Washington Youth & Government program to successfully deliver civic education and youth development opportunities for students across the state of Washington. Responsible for maintaining and expanding the YMCA Youth & Government program to establish it as the premier non-profit civic education organization in Washington State.
- Work with the Youth & Government volunteers, staff, and senior leadership of the YMCA to clarify program objectives; develop multi-year strategic plans with clear performance metrics to maintain and enhance the program’s success; identify financial and staffing resources necessary for their successful execution.
- Lead the development and delivery of civic education and youth development programs, including annual youth legislature conference(s), mock trial competitions, council on national affairs, civility workshops and other programs.
- Serve as the primary ambassador of the Youth & Government program, interacting with state and local elected officials, the judicial system, appointed staff, educational leaders, the media, and other stakeholders to further to goals and objectives of the program.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with program participants, their families, volunteers, alumni, current and prospective funders and others.
- Plan and execute ongoing fundraising and development, media relations, strategic communications, and community engagement efforts to support the program.
- Identify and apply for alternative funding sources.
- Identify, recruit, train and lead an appropriate team of employees and volunteers to ensure all program offerings operate smoothly and participants receive maximum benefit from their engagement in the program.
- Participate in local, state, national, and international matters relating to Youth & Government programs; identify and develop best-practices.
- Create and manage annual program budget approximately $1 million. Provide day-to-day fiscal oversight and controls for the financial resources of the program.
- Facilitate recruitment and development of a diverse and well-functioning Board of Directors and advisory board.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience working with youth development programs including: program planning and execution, volunteer recruitment and motivation, and fundraising and donor cultivation
- Experience leading diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Direct experience working in collaboration with a community-based advisory Board of Directors, government officials, schools, and other non-profit organizations
- 5 years’ experience leading a team of 5 to 20 staff and volunteers; team leadership to both staff and volunteers that resulted in significant increase in the reach and impact of the organization’s services and/or program
- Experience creating and managing approximately $1 million budgets, inclusive of vision development
- Basic understanding of Washington state government and government relations
- Demonstrated success in working with statewide elected and appointed officials
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.