YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatics I - Asst. Lifeguard
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Regular Part-Time
- # of Openings
- Dale Turner Family YMCA
- 19290 Aurora Avenue
We are looking for trustworthy leaders who want to make positive connections with our members and program participants, have a keen eye for safety, and set the tone for a safe environment for kids and families. You will play a key role in supporting our safety standards – in the water and on the deck, supporting Lifeguards as a first responder in emergencies, maintaining safety equipment, and serving on an engaged and dynamic team.
- Assists Lifeguard(s) with maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, on deck and surrounding areas. Prevents accidents by maintaining constant observation of the pool area, enforcing health and safety rules and maintaining emergency readiness.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and parents.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance of the pool and surrounding areas to ensure cleanliness.
- Checks pool and rescue equipment and promptly reports any problems.
- Maintains aquatic program areas and equipment with a high attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for the job, you have or are willing to become a certified lifeguard, display positive communication skills, thrive on serving kids and families, and can step up to offer support at the first sign it's needed. You have the desire and energy to make a positive impact in the daily lives of the people in our community.
You are at least 16 years of age and have:
- Current state approved first-aid certification. *
- Current state approved CPR certification, Pro or Basic Life Support. *
- Lifeguard certification – YMCA or Red Cross. *
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must be observant and able to react calmly, quickly and with good judgment in an emergency.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
*We can facilitate the process of you getting certified if you don’t have the required certifications yet. Please still apply if you are interested!
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. As an employee you also recieve a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Pool, Beach, Lifeguard, Life, Guard, Aquatics