YMCA of Greater Seattle
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aqua Fitness Instructor
at YMCA of Greater Seattle
- Regular Part-Time
- # of Openings
- Kent YMCA
- 10828 SE 248th St
Instructs water exercise classes and provides motivation for class participants. Acts as a liaison and champion for YMCA Total Health.
- Plans and leads water fitness classes in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
- Develops positive relationships with class members/participants providing motivational support and guidance.
- Increases class member/participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Organizes and puts away class equipment and reports equipment problems.
- Maintains records as appropriate (i.e. class attendance).
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and applicable trainings approved by supervisor.
- Trains and supervises volunteer class aides as assigned.
- Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants and as appropriate referring members to appropriate Total Health program or staff member.
- May make follow up motivational phone calls to Total Health participants.
- May assist with total health orientation.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Current state approved first-aid certification. *
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer. *
- Water Fitness Instructor or equivalent. **
- Ability to demonstrate proper water fitness techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fitness protocol.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
* Within 30 days of employment, or first available training.
** Within six months of employment, at first available training.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. As an employee you also recieve a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Pool, Beach, Lifeguard, Life, Guard, Aquatics