UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Secretary - Ortho/Neuro
at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- 6073 Ortho/Neuro
- 2nd, Eves
- Job Location
- New Grads?
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The Unit Secretary functions as receptionist for the unit, a very fast-paced and busy environment, and performs clerical duties to assist other staff members and support the efficient functioning of the unit. Work includes but is not limited to: Answering the telephone, relaying messages, keeping records, directing and assisting visitors, transcribing physician’s orders, ordering supplies.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- None required
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Requires knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to handle mutliple telephone lines.
- Six months previous unit secretary experience preferred (completion of a unit secretary/medical terminology course may substitute for experience).
- Must be able to handle a fluctuating workload in a very busy environment.
- This job requires ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written) with all stakeholders (providers, caregivers, patients, family members) for the effective treatment of patients.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.