UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner - Behavioral Health
at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Full Time
- 6140 Geropsych
- 1st, Days
- Job Location
- New Grads?
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner (NP) is both a practitioner and a consultant for patients throughout the hospital with psychiatric disorders and challenging behaviors. As a practitioner, the NP performs patient histories, physical exams, orders lab and imaging procedures, interprets laboratory values and diagnostic imaging, formulates treatment plans and consults with physician when appropriate.
The Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing consultation, behavioral assessment, medication evaluation and management to a range of clients having mental illness, cognitive disturbances and substance abuse disorders under the supervision of consulting psychiatrist(s). The position also provides evaluation, treatment planning and discharge planning services to patients in the civil commitment process and on single bed certification (SBC) status. *CA
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Doctorate Degree in Nursing Practice meeting the WA State Dept. of Health requirements for ARNP licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or related healthcare field.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Current Washington State licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Current Washington State licensure as Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner – Nurse Practitioner.
- Current National Provider Identifier
- Active member of the NWH&MC Medical Staff
- AHA BLS certification
- Certification in specialty and CNS preferred or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Crisis Prevention International (CPI) Certified Instructor preferred.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served on the assigned unit/department.
- Active member of a professional nursing organization.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a clinical health care setting with 80% or more of job duties to include management of patients with behavioral health issues.
- Must be able to handle a fluctuating workload
- This job requires ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written) with all stakeholders (providers, caregivers, patients, family members) for the effective treatment of patients.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to move freely throughout the clinic and hospital.
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
- Lift / Carry
- Up to 10 pounds occasionally
As required, must be able to:
- Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
- Push and Pull
- Perform fine motor functions
- Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.