UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lab Assistant - Main Campus Phlebotomy
at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- 7078 Lab: Phlebotomy
- 1st, Days
- Job Location
- New Grads?
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The Lab Assistant performs assigned support, pre-technical and semi-technical procedures in the laboratory. This may include but is not limited to: phlebotomy, specimen processing and preparation, and other support tasks to assist in maintaining an efficient, smooth workflow and to prepare specimens for analysis.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Phlebotomists: Required to obtain Washington State Health Care Assistant certification.
- If required to drive as part of job: Valid Washington State driver's license with clean driving record.
- Relevant experience or training in a clinical laboratory or medical setting, required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and PC based computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology required.
- Excellent communication, public relations, and customer service skills.
- Able to organize and prioritize work demands and handle multiple tasks.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and condition of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- If job involves driving, able to drive hospital-owned vehicle.
Physical Demand Level: Sedentary
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry 10 pounds occasionally
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.