UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- 7415 Cath Lab
- 1st, Days
- Job Location
- New Grads?
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The Cardiovascular Technologist prepares for and assists the physician in performing assigned Cardiac Catheterization Lab (CCL) procedures. In addition, she/he performs as EKG monitor tech and scrub tech, maintaining sterile technique.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, plus:
- Completion of formal training from an AMA-approved Cardiovascular Technology Program preferred, OR
- Completion of formal training from an AMA-approved Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) program plus 1 year (minimum) experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Requires one of these certificates: (RCIS) or (R)CVT or RT(R).
- Requires current WashingtonState licensure.
- Requires current ACLS, must obtain within 90 days of hire or being on-call.
- Requires 24 CME credits every two years.
- RT (R): Requires at least 1 year experience as a Radiologic Technologist, or equivalent.
- RCIS or RCVT: Requires at least 6 months cardiac internship during education.
- Prior cardiac cath lab experience preferred in a technical capacity.
Special Training / Skills
- Knowledge of sterile and aseptic techniques.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge of skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Able to move and position patients in a safe manner; move freely about the department and hospital; stand and/or walk for approximately 80% of the shift.
- Able to differentiate color, preferred.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory emergency alarms
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.