UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - Outpatient Therapy
at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Full Time
- 7260 Sports Therapy
- 1st, Days
- Job Location
- New Grads?
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The incumbent performs a variety of intermediate level (moderately difficult to complex) administrative and secretarial duties to support departmental operations and management. AH123
- High school or GED required.
- Some college preferred.
- Typing: 40 wpm with accuracy required, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Microsoft Word skills: Required, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint: Preferred, verified via pre-employment testing.
- Other computer skills: Data entry skills required; database management skills preferred.
- Time management, multi-tasking, and effective prioritization/organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with staff, physicians, patients and visitors using a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent public relations, customer service, and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to perform complex assignments independently.
- Creative, innovative, flexible.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills. Ability to compose, edit, and produce written materials accurately and effectively. Required editing skills include spelling, punctuation, grammar, format and structure.
- A minimum of 3 years related administrative/secretarial experience in an office environment is required, preferably in a health care setting. Experience must include extensive customer service and use of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry.
- Must be able sit for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to use a telephone, computer, and calculator.
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
Up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.