University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Care Manager
at University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
UW Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC) is seeking an RN to be an integral member of the care team to provide care management and coordination services throughout the continuum of care.
UWNC is a community-based, not-for-profit primary care network serving patients in 14 clinic locations throughout the greater Seattle area, including Olympia, Smokey Point, and Lopez & Orcas Islands. As an entity within the UW Medicine Health System, UWNC is affiliated with UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW School of Medicine, Airlift NW, UW Physicians, and Northwest Hospital.
UWNC is committed to a patient-centered approach to delivering exceptional care to our patients and families. This is evident in how we have embraced the Medical Home model of care and our relentless focus on quality. The cornerstone of our efforts to deliver exceptional care to our patients and families begins with our focus on the continuous development of our employees.
The RN supports complex patients by facilitating the patient's implementation of the medical treatment plan through patient-centered education of disease processes and wellness opportunities, and through self-management skill development. The nurse assists patient access to appropriate health care services and community resource and fosters communications for the benefit of the patient. The RN employs the nursing process to manage therapy for patients enrolled in Care Management, which includes assessments, planning and evaluating the patient's response to treatment. This position also supports the provider's practice by partnering with the patient to identify barriers with their current medical treatment plan The RN interacts regularly with providers and personnel from within the UWMC system and outside to include, but not limited to: Pharmacies, clinic/office/hospital personnel, laboratories and home care nurses to coordinate care of patients. The nurse may teach classes or conduct group visits with other team members such as the social work or dietician. The RN will also provide ambulatory nursing support as a member of the care team which may include procedures, walk-in triage or provide consultation to the care team staff regarding clinical issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Partners with the patient and family, the primary care provider, and other team members to implement an interdisciplinary plan of care
· Assesses for health and wellness needs and with the patient, determines the health goals and methods for achieving the outcomes desired. Completes a nursing assessment to include patient's medical history, disease process, medicals laboratory data, medication adherence and ability to manage therapy per provider's treatment plan
· Applies nursing process to identify and prioritize healthcare interventions that are appropriate and accurate, effective and reduces the risk of adverse outcomes
· Documents all pertinent data and communicates in a clear and concise manner
· Incorporates the patient's preferences and unique characteristics into the care desired by the patient
· Educates and coaches the patient and family on behavior modification. Evaluates and manages current or potential side effects of therapy, self-care activities and implications/need for life style changes
· Monitors personal performance and participates in the analysis of outcome measures to provide guidance and direction for initiating and implementing changes to provide quality and outcomes of patient care at patient, team, clinic or organizational levels.
New grads encouraged to apply. Demonstrated experience with Windows and Microsoft Office applications is required. Experience with an EMR, particularly Epic, is highly desirable.This is a full-time position and comes with an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, generous paid time off (4 weeks per year for new employees), and full benefits, including 401(k) and UWNC will contribute a six (6) percent discretionary profit sharing contribution within the UW Physicians Network 401 (K) Plan on your behalf at no out-of-pocket cost to you. UWNC also provides up to $99 monthly towards public transportation, as well as mileage reimbursement. UWNC proudly supports your continuing professional growth with tuition reimbursement.
Union: SEIU Healthcare 1199NW