University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Director - UW Neighborhood Clinics
at University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
UW Neighborhood Clinics is seeking a Medical Director to provide leadership for UW Medicine Primary Care and Population Health.
UW Neighborhood Clinics is a network of community-based clinics throughout the Puget Sound region. The clinics offer a wide spectrum of primary care services using the medical home model, including integrated behavioral health, on-site laboratories and digital radiology facilities and some specialty services. Urgent care services are offered seven days a week at select locations. The clinics are consistently recognized for high quality standards by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care and the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated leadership skills in a medical setting and minimum of ten years clinical experience.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage in a team oriented environment.
- Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Possess strong understanding and shared vision for primary care in greater context of health care reform and value based care.
- Have experience with and knowledge of contracting and payor relations, risk management, clinical innovation and technological advances, QI processes and goals.
- Successful leadership experience in primary care setting and experience in an academic medical center are highly desirable.
- Master’s degree or certificate in medical management or related field is desirable.
The Medical Director of PCPH will:
- Maintain a small FTE primary care practice at one of the UW Neighborhood Clinics.
- Create and pursue strategies to promote the UW Medicine mission through primary care and population health initiatives & clinical excellence.
- Provide direct leadership in the development and medical oversight of designated UW Medicine primary care clinics, and will provide general direction across all our primary care sites to ensure alignment of primary care medical practice and population health while strengthening the collaboration between primary care and specialty care across UW Medicine.
- Develop, implement and oversee programs and services that will achieve UW Medicine’s mission and annual goals. The Medical Director will partner with the School of Medicine Department Chairs in the recruitment and oversight of clinical faculty practicing within the designated clinics.
- Provide leadership in the areas of provider engagement and improvement in clinical practice experience.
- Oversee the administrative functions of the medical and clinical staff for those clinics in partnership with the Associate Administrator and the Regional Associate Medical Directors (AMDs), including the organizing, monitoring, evaluating, and counseling the medical and clinical staff in a manner that assures patient satisfaction and the delivery of accessible, high quality, & cost effective medical services to UWNC patients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners including clinicians, insurers and civic leaders and associated community organizations.
- competitive compensation and benefits
- a culture supportive of work/life balance
- UWSOM & UW Medicine affiliation
- strong network of specialists
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy with Board Certification in a primary care discipline
- current Washington State medical license and current unrestricted DEA Certificate
- credentials necessary for clinical faculty appointment at the University of Washington School of Medicine
- valid Washington State Driver’s License
To apply for this position, please send your CV directly to:
Deirdre Kayne Mimura, UWNC Physician Recruiter:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | fax: 206-520-3136 | phone: 206-520-5427