University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Of Washington Neighborhood Clinics
UW Neighborhood Clinics (UWNC) has an exciting opportunity for a Health Navigator to join our dynamic team in the Woodinville Clinic!
UWNC is a community-based, not-for-profit primary care network serving patients in 15 clinic locations throughout the greater Seattle, Olympia, Smokey Point, and Orcas & Lopez Islands. As an entity within the UW Medicine Health System, UWNC is affiliated with UW Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW School of Medicine, Airlift NW, UW Physicians, and Northwest Hospital.
UWNC is committed to excellence in patient care and customer service. We strive to serve all patients and family members with compassion and respect and are proud to deliver the highest quality, safest, and most effective care to every patient every time. We combine the friendliness of a small clinic setting with the innovations of a respected academic institution.
At UWNC, patients come first. We are proud to report that the Washington Health Alliance rankings posted in 2014 note our patients rated UWNC as one of the top 5 medical groups in the state. We need your help to build on this great achievement.
Essential duties & responsibilities
· Learn, participate in and understand concepts of the Medical Home.
· Enhance the patient care experience.
· Engage the patient in care optimization.
· Empower the patient with knowledge and access to support resources.
· Improve health outcomes for patients.
· Improve the patient and family experience of care.
· Increase primary care team satisfaction.
· Participate in Patients Are First measures and associated Medical Home goals and objectives.
· Provide information and access to supportive counseling as appropriate including crisis intervention.
· Referrals tracking to internal and external resources.
· Contact relevant community agencies to increase knowledge of services available for patients and families and help eliminate barriers to care.
· Educate per protocol.
· Assist in the utilization of culturally relevant and language appropriate materials for target populations.
· When indicated through population review, provide outreach and assistance with patients/families in the coordination of various wellness and chronic disease activities in collaboration with the health care team.
· Provide accurate information to patients, physicians, staff and community as requested in a timely fashion and assist patient's with applications and forms to improve community resources use.
· Take responsibility for professional development to maintain and increase competency and support the education of patients, families and staff.
· Participate in ongoing education relevant to role.
· Provide guidance to staff for dealing with difficult patient and family situations.
· Establish contact with community resources and develop tools to educate peers on patient advocacy and support networks.
· Maintain confidentiality of patient information and medical records.
· Demonstrate awareness of the importance of cost containment for the department.
This position is full-time and comes with an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive starting salary, generous paid time off, and full benefits. UWNC will contribute a six (6) percent discretionary profit sharing contribution within the UW Physicians Network 401 (K) Plan on your behalf at no out-of-pocket cost to you. UWNC also provides up to $99 monthly towards public transportation. UWNC proudly supports your continuing professional growth with up to $2500 annual tuition reimbursement.
Union: SEIU Healthcare 1199NW