Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Alderwood Mall
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
3000 184th St. SW Suite 145 | Lynnwood, WA 98037
- All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
- Must be willing to be trained in the use of handcuffs, and Citizens Arrest.
- The ideal candidate for the Security Officer must be customer service oriented, and enjoy interacting with the public. Prior Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience is preferred, but applicants considering a career in Law Enforcement or with a Customer Service background are encouraged to apply.
- Patrol the interior and exterior areas of center on foot and in vehicle as required
- Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
- Engage with the general public to offer assistance and directions
- Assist with the general operations of Alderwood's unique facility
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports using company reporting software
- Actively enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
To schedule your interview please reach out to Tony.Myrhe@aus.com
Retail Security Officer Quality Standards:
- Comes to work well rested and alert; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned)
- Has a neat, professional appearance and arrives at work dressed in complete and clean assigned uniform
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively
- Must be assertive verbally and not shy away from intervention with large groups of juveniles or young adults. Must be able to detain individuals if necessary
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations
- Is physically able to undergo training and certification in pepper foam/spray and handcuffing and can carry out duties related to the same
- Must be able to successfully complete CPR, First Aid and AED training and certification
- Capable of physically detaining, restraining aggressive person(s) and/or performing self-defense
- May require a valid driver’s license (without restrictions or medical conditions)
- May require operation of a Segway (Segway’s have a 250 pound weight limit)
Physical and Mental Functions:
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet);
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift;
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties;
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds;
- Run as needed;
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks;
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination;
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
Qualified applicants for the Professional Retail Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- At least 21 years of age;
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills;
- Effectual interpersonal skills across all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills;
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions;
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying;
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test;
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty;
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills;
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations;
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites;
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance;
- Ability to provide quality customer service;
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently;
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones;
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment);
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.