Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medicaid RN Case Manager - Telecommute from Seattle, WA - 730415
at UnitedHealth Group
As a Field-Based and Telephonic High Risk Case Manager, you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you'll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you'll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Visit Medicaid and Dual SNP members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Help members understand their benefits
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Washington
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- Ability to travel to member homes or other locations within the greater Seattle, WA area
- 3+ years RN nursing experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice, direct care or case management
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Must live within a commutable distance (50 minutes or 50 miles) of the greater Seattle, WA area
- Case Management experience
- CCM / Certification in Case Management
- Home care/field based case management
- Experience working with High Risk patients
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience working in a Med Surg environment
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Experience in Home & Community based or Long Term Care services delivery
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, RN, Case Manager, Care Coordinator, Telecommute, Work From Home, Virtual, Seattle, WA, Washington, CCM, Home Health, Acute Care, Hospice, Med Surg, Olympia, Tacoma