Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Regulatory Affairs - Seattle, WA or Portland, OR - 722356
at UnitedHealth Group
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Regulatory Affairs / State Lead will manage relationships with NW state (AK, MT, OR, WA) regulatory and enforcement agencies to ensure effective communication, partnership and cooperation with the UnitedHealthcare (UHC) organization and specifically with the NW health plans. This individual will coordinate with various internal UHC departments and committees to assure operational and procedural compliance with state and federal regulations including, healthcare reform and related topics. The Director, Regulatory Affairs will also provide advice and counsel to regional leadership on legal and regulatory matters affecting the NW markets.
- Provide legal advice and representation to the Market CEO and the Leadership team in the NW markets
- Develop robust relationships with regulators in the NW markets
- Ability to work with UHG affiliates across segments in support of market and regional business objectives
- Ability to manage and resolve complex legal and regulatory matters and to clearly and effectively communicate these matters to others internally and externally as needed
- Ability to influence key internal and external decision makers on key policy issues
- Ability to advocate policy positions on key issues on state levels
- Manage the resolution of regulatory or legal matters affecting NW markets, especially matters concerning Exchanges and all healthcare reform issues
- Work closely with Government Affairs to review and comment on proposed legislation and influence our agenda on key issues in these states
- Consult and coordinate with new business, sales, product development and other functional teams to determine legal and regulatory requirements for commercial products being offered in the marketplace consistent with ACA requirements
- Review benefit plans for compliance with state mandates and other requirements
- Help to manage and resolve consumer complaints as needed
- Actively engage with the regional team on market conduct examinations and other regulatory actions
- Review of operational documents to ensure compliance with statutory / regulatory laws
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a legal or regulatory environment
- Expert level of knowledge of regulatory environments, health care operations, and compliance challenges in the health care / managed care industry
- Expert level of knowledge and experience with HIPAA, state and international privacy laws
- 5+ years of project management experience, including simultaneously managing several large and detailed projects, or short timelines, and involving multiple contributors
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory, HIPAA, Seattle, WA, Washington, Portland, OR, Oregon