United Parcel Service of America, Inc. (UPS)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist - Temporary
at United Parcel Service of America, Inc. (UPS)
Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
- Dealing with employee queries in a professional and timely manner whether on the phone or face to face.
- Dealing with disciplinaries, welfares and grievances.
- Liaising effectively with line management to assess recruitment requirements.
- Exploring and deciding on sources of recruitment for quality personnel.
- Interviewing external and internal applicants and making selection decisions.
- Performing reference checks on applicants.
- Liaising with line management regarding disciplinary's, grievances and welfare meetings and providing advice as necessary
- Entering and updating information in the HR computer system.
- Dealing with confidential documents in adherence to Data Protection law.
- Producing reports using Excel.
- Meeting set targets on a daily basis.
- Responsible for any additional tasks given.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary administrative/planning and organisational ability
- Flexible, friendly attitude required
- Able to work in a fast paced, time specific and targeted environment
- Work well in a team
- Intermediate working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Self motivated and well organized
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Polite, professional confident manner
- Experience working in a recruitment / HR generalist background essential
- CIPD qualification preferred but not essential
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy' with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.