TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Land Development Manager - Quadrant Homes
at TRI Pointe Group, Inc.
Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? A company that was that was most recently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces 2018 by Puget Sound Business Journal.
Quadrant Homes is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Land Development Manager in our office located in Bellevue, WA.
Position Highlights: The successful candidate will work with internal departments, providing construction input and knowledge for projects during land acquisition, project management, and construction. Oversee installation of offsite and onsite improvements. Manage land development team. Deliver improved lots to support new home building operations. Bid and award contracts to subcontractors and manage schedules to meet budget and development milestones.
- Assist with land acquisition feasibility studies and analyzing of potential risks.
- Create development budgets for offsite, onsite, and lot improvements including administering and maintaining budgets through the entire life cycle of a project.
- Create a development schedule during due diligence inclusive of the entire development life cycle.
- Work closely with Vice President of Operations and Project Managers to verify costs and accuracy of development schedules.
- Ensure due diligence work is completed prior to the expiration of contingency period.
- Participate in design coordination and value enhancement meetings for demo, grading, improvement, joint trench, and landscape/amenity plans.
- Manage land development purchasing to support the development needs, model home construction, and community openings.
- Manage and coordinate the creation and assembly of bid documents including plans, specifications, reports, scopes of work, and schedules.
- Ensure timely bidding, negotiate the best value for labor & materials, and contract all subcontractors required to build the project per the project schedule.
- Manage the processing of contracts, purchase orders, change orders and maintain accurate back-up ensuring timely completion of process.
- Finalize and distribute the development schedule in conjunction with divisional goals.
- Ensure all OSHA, health and safety guidelines, codes, SWPP, BMP’s, and municipality laws are followed by all employees, subcontractors, and customers throughout the life of the project.
- Manage and coordinate the installation and maintenance of all storm water prevention and BMP’s throughout the life of the project.
- Coordinate subcontractors and inspectors for completion of land development milestones, including meeting with jurisdiction and agency officials as needed to maintain schedule and budget.
- Oversee, manage, and support the completion of all land development activities for the project inclusive of coordinating efforts with construction for the building of the model homes, new home gallery, and project amenities.
- Ensure timely completion of land development activities and successful opening of community and receipt of occupancy approval by all agencies having jurisdiction.
- Provide support to construction throughout the project life cycle including inspection of projects for quality control, safety, and SWPP.
- Approve invoices via electronic program to maintain company pay policies.
- Manage and support tract acceptance and bond exoneration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Major/emphasis in Planning, Engineering, and/or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in Land Development in the homebuilding industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the homebuilding industry and general knowledge of residential infrastructure and home construction.
- Understand residential building industry, municipality building codes, regulations, construction plans and maps.
- Must have a clear understanding of subcontractor’s duties and knowledge of soil conditions, grading, and survey.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with internal team members, external agencies and municipalities, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Valid unrestricted Driver’s License; vehicle insurance.
- Quadrant Homes is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- Quadrant Homes is now in its 50th year of award-winning home building in the Puget Sound region, where it is currently building or developing new home communities in King, Pierce, Snohomish, and Kitsap Counties.
- Recently named one of Washington’s Best Workplaces 2018 by Puget Sound Business Journal.
- More Washingtonians live in a home constructed by Quadrant than by any other builder.
- Recipient of several recent design honors including 2019 and 2018 Nationals? Silver Awards by the NAHB National Sales and Marketing Council, 2018, 2017 and 2016 Tribute Awards by the New Home Council, and a 2016 Gold Nugget® Award by PCBC.
Please visit www.QuadrantHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.