Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Help - Road Operations (3.0 FTE)
at Thurston County
Pay: $15 to $18/hour
$15 - $18
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2519933
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Duties
- **This employment opportunity will now remain open until filled. The Thurston County Public Works department reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time. To ensure consideration for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible.**
These positions provide manual labor and traffic control to support the road maintenance/operations. Tasks include but are not limited to: flagging, digging, raking, weed eating, brush removal, cleaning, driving.
These temporary/seasonal positions generally work 40 hours per week and are anticipated to last six (6) months from the hire date.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess a current and valid Washington State driver's license or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with co-workers and the public; ability to take oral and written instructions, adaptable to changing work conditions/tasks and at times work independently.
- Desired Skills
- Flagger Certification is highly desirable, which will play a role in the selection process.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Requires strenuous outdoor work, exposure to all weather conditions, dust, vegetation, insects, construction equipment and traffic.
- Other Position Related Information
- Questions regarding this opportunity? Contact Lucy Mills - 360. 867.2384
This position is:
- Classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- NOT eligible for benefits, unless mandated by law
- NOT represented by a Union
- Covered by the Thurston County Fit for Work policy and will be subject to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol testing, and all other requirements of the policy.
Items required for consideration: