Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Consultant III
at Thurston County
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2605431
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support
Overall Job Objective
- Summary of Duties
- This employment opportunity is open until filled. The first review of applicants will be November 12, 2019.
To ensure consideration for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible. The Information Technology Department reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time.
Thurston County is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Information Technology Consultant III (ITC III) within the Information Technology Department.
The Information Technology Department provides desktop, network, application, telecommunication, and geographical information system services.
This ITC III position provides critical technical expertise in the design, build, and integration of data from various resources. Your main goal will be to provide infrastructure and tools which can be used to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed quickly and maintained easily.
This position works with staff and customers in a team setting for the planning, installation, management, maintenance, and enhancement of countywide information services.
Specific job functions include but are not limited to:
- Develop database solutions; create and enforce database development standards; create and maintain data governance. Design strategies for database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security. Align data solutions to business requirements. Develop analytics & reporting.
- Provide technical consultation and assistance in design, planning, collection, storage, manipulation, retrieval and assessment of data.
- Identify, prioritize, and lead development of enterprise analytical tools and applications.
- Analyze industry-wide trends and make recommendations for improvements and efficiencies in system performance.
- Identify gaps in current data needs and provide leadership and vision with addressing shortcomings.
- Analyze structural requirements for new software and applications.
- Build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Partner and collaborate with customers on project and work requests, help identify requirements and provide solutions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. During emergencies or special projects, this position may be required to be called in or work an irregular schedule and cause a temporary change in normal work hours. This includes working on non-business or extended hours on weekends and holidays to check/troubleshoot network or system outages, attend early morning or evening meetings, and/or be available by phone to answer questions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information, business administration, or related field and four years of progressive responsibility with at least two years of the four in a project management capacity. Additional experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience must include a demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following to successfully perform the essential job functions of the position:
- Thorough knowledge of personal computer hardware, operating systems, office automation software, printers, plotters, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of networks, servers, communication devices, system/network security systems.
- Thorough knowledge of programming languages, database products, and integration techniques on multiple computing platforms.
- Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a security background investigation
- Desired Skills
To be successful in this position, candidates will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum two years experience as a Technical/Solutions Architect
- Experience with managing and implementing enterprise solutions
- Capable of managing and implementing plans of action
- Demonstrated experience mentoring team members and being a role model
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical information to IT professionals and non-technical staff
- Forward thinker with ability to enable new ideas or improved methods for system efficiencies and work solutions
- Self-starter who can lead, direct and collaborate with work teams
- Communicate (oral and written) clearly and effectively with all levels within the organization
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and coding and testing patterns, including experience with engineering software platforms and data infrastructures. Familiarity with functional programming concepts is a plus.
- Experience in delivery of enterprise systems with an emphasis on cloud-based, widely available applications
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft platform (IIS, .NET, Web Services, SQL Server, Windows Server, Active Directory etc.)
- Confidence in dealing with staff, managers and partners across the organization
- Other Position Related Information
Contact Person: Sherrie Ilg, Applications Supervisor, (360) 867-2990
This position is:
- NOT represented by a Union
- NOT eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Eligible for benefits
- Contingent upon passing a security background investigation.
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
- Supplemental Questionnaire