Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities Technician II
at Thurston County
- Summary of Duties
Thurston County is seeking two (2) highly motivated and qualified individuals for the position of Facilities Technician II within the Facility Services Division to support building systems and operations by performing a wide variety of journey-level maintenance and repair assignments across all county departments and offices.
We are looking for an experienced technician with hands-on experience maintaining and repairing a variety of building systems such as electrical, HVAC, plumbing, electronic controls, fire alarms, security systems, lighting, irrigation or related systems. The preferred candidate will have specialized training and experience in at least one functional area, and will have experience meeting with customers, vendors, writing technical reports, evaluating code or other safety concerns, and reading blueprints or other building drawings.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Identifying, troubleshooting, testing and diagnosing problems with building systems and components.
- Setting and adjusting parameters within computer software systems which may control fire monitoring, DDC, or security systems.
- Performing preventive maintenance, periodic confidence testing and repairs on major pieces of equipment as assigned through an electronic workorder program.
- May direct the work of individuals and crews performing a variety of facilities projects and participating as a working crew member for more significant projects.
This position will be posted until filled with first review of applications November 19, 2019.
Work is typically performed in a variety of locations including high security areas such as detention facilities, on rooftops and use a variety of equipment including hand and power tools, ladders, and work in confined areas. Facilities Technicians regularly lift 75 pounds and are required to bend, stoop, crouch, push, pull, and reach above shoulders as assigned. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all of weather and temperature, and is exposed to loud noise, smoke and vapors.
- High school diploma or GED. Completions of vocational training program(s) in a building maintenance field is preferred and may be substituted for one year of work experience.
- Three (3) years experience in building equipment/systems maintenance and operation which includes:
- One (1) year of hands-on experience in controls and;
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience with major mechanical equipment and electrical repairs.
- Desired Skills
- Completion of vocational training program(s) in a building maintenance field is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical equipment and controls.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, tools, and equipment used in building and mechanical maintenance and repair work, and in the maintenance of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of the codes and regulations applicable to the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
- Proficient in data entry and use of software including email, maintenance management information systems, and on-line timekeeping.
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Other Position Related Information
Contact Person: Jettie Silva-Chojnowski, Administrative Services Manager, (360) 754-2948.
This position is:
- Represented by a Union
- Eligible for benefits
- Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Contingent upon passing a security background investigation
Items required for consideration: