Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supply Chain Supervisor
at The Polyclinic
Supply Chain Supervisor
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday; 7:30 - 4:00
Location: The Polyclinic 1145 Broadway
Under minimal supervision, provide day-to-day management of the Supply Chain teammates who are responsible for the receiving and distribution of materials, and all courier distribution staff. Oversee implementation and maintenance of supply programming across the organization. Uses data-based analysis to monitor supplies in inventoried locations and proactively makes supply chain decisions based off inventory turns, seasonality, and trends in use. Develop, implement and facilitate procedures for determining and providing appropriate supplies and service to our customers using lean concepts.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance evaluation of all Materials Handlers, Couriers, and Mailroom personnel.
- Evaluate job descriptions and makes changes when appropriate
- Provide positive leadership that effectively and efficiently manages and enhances staff morale through coaching, facilitating, supervising, developing, and motivating.
- Helps set department goals/benchmarks and leads standard work reviews, audits, and imbedding process improvement as a continuous daily activity.
- Execute materials and inventory management policy, procedures and practices at all clinic locations.
- Recommends and implements revisions to operating procedures/standard work and schedules to improve internal operations.
- Work with all management levels on process improvement initiatives based on lean techniques such as waste elimination, standardization, and inventory reduction.
- Oversee the project management and implementation of the clinic Resupply program using the Binary Stream inventory control system, which includes new provider onboarding, transitions, and internal moves.
- Establish and maintain quality control standards in the department and assisting in the evaluation of supply/equipment products as needed. .
- Actively monitors and works to increase inventory turns in all clinic supply and inventory locations.
- Works with procurement staff to determine items that are good fits for inventory distribution and develops appropriate inventory levels and distribution strategies for these items.
- Coordinates with user departments the storage and delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Documents processes that have a major impact on workflow efficiency and productivity.
- Submits written processes to Director to be evaluated and incorporated into department policies and procedures.
- Promote teamwork and professional interpersonal relationships with department staff, physicians, Administration, and other managers.
- Regularly communicate with management staff to ensure alignment of Supply Chain Management objectives.
- Evaluate delivery vehicles, and regular review of all distribution routes to ensure maximum effectiveness all while meeting the needs of the clinical areas.
- Resolves complex purchasing/inventory control problems.
- Completes monthly reports to include quality measures, benchmarks and inventory controls statistics. Will also perform data analysis, as needed relating to products and/or clinic supply costs.
- Accountable for operating within the approved budget.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Certification/Licensure: CMRP preferred
- Minimum 3 years as a supervisor or manager, with progressive responsibility in a warehouse/inventory control managing inventory; preferably in healthcare setting.
- A thorough knowledge of warehousing, inventory control, and modern healthcare-related material handling systems is required.
- Lean experience preferred
- Good human resources skills
- Effective and efficient organization and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills
- Participate and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Strong negotiation and contract review and development skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships and professional image with internal customers, peers, providers, vendors and other parties associated with The Polyclinic.
- Computer analysis, database management, and reporting skills
- Basic accounting knowledge, including ability to calculate discounts and prepare cost-saving reports.