The Pokemon Company International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Game Designer, Casual Play
at The Pokemon Company International
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 697
# of Openings:
Game Designer, Casual Games
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer who has a passion for game development. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Manager, Game Design on all aspects of creating products for casual customers of the Pokémon TCG. This includes creating product plans and stories, helping to execute the plans, and communicating with other areas of the company as the products are produced.
What You Will Do
* Contribute innovative and creative design ideas to TPCi’s TCG Products
* Be a game design champion constantly looking to evolve TPCi’s casual games and ways to optimize the users’ experience
* Write product stories for Pokémon TCG products
* Develop and execute product plans for Pokémon TCG products
* Proof Pokémon TCG products
* Coordinate with and support other Game Design teams as necessary
* Work collaboratively with the other Game Design teams and Project Management team to facilitate a clear direction and to execute innovative TCG designs
* Ensure that the final product quality meets the high expectations of TPCi’s Casual Games brand.
* Utilize user feedback into clear actionable items to improve products and design processes.
What You Will Bring
* 5+ years of game design experience within casual play space.
* Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or Game Design related fields preferred
* Proofing experience
* Strong knowledge of TPCi games and brand, specifically for TCGs.
* Interest in all things gaming from mobile to tabletop and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs!
* Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
* Experience designing and developing on properties for children
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.