The Pokemon Company International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Game Design Coordinator
at The Pokemon Company International
# of Openings:
Game Design Coordinator
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Trading Card Games (TCG) Expansion team. The ideal candidate will have extension knowledge of TCG games, a passion for game design and outstanding people skills. For this position, we are considering both entry-level and mid-level candidates which will be determined by your interview and years of experience.
What You Will Do
* Proofing of Pokémon trading cards
* Work collaboratively with our Project Management team to facilitate a clear direction and to execute innovative TCG designs
* Be a game design champion constantly looking to evolve the TCG dynamics and ways to optimize the players’ experience
* Review and provide editorial feedback on game design documents, proposals and prototypes
* Work within existing TPCi’s IP guidelines to create new, innovate experiences
* Act as a creative negotiator that can champion the needs of gameplay and advise development teams while remaining sensitive to the needs of our internal stakeholders
* Planning/Implementation: Be extremely organized in the game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support
* Construct and edit game design presentations for communication within the Project Management team as well as internal stakeholders
* Prepare reports and data visualization on future products and past product performance to present to internal stakeholders
What You Will Bring
* Understanding of TPCi games and brand, specifically for TCGs
* Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
* Interest in all things gaming from mobile to console and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs
* Game Design experience or knowledge, experience in trading Card and strategy games preferred
* Previous game design responsibility and understanding of game design application preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or Game Design related fields preferred
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed
* Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have wide sweeping effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.