The Bergman Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Superintendent - Construction
at The Bergman Companies
BergmanKPRS is looking for “local” competent Assistant Superintendents to help coordinate site operations and oversee workers on our project(s). He/she/they will be the point of contact for both workers and subcontractors, and will be the key person for the completion of our project(s). We are a national General Contractor/Project Management firm that specializes in commercial retail construction throughout the U.S.
As an Assistant Superintendent, you should have a solid knowledge in the construction field. You should also have the ability to exhibit leadership skills coupled with experience that you have earned, that will enable you to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized, have a professional sense of presence and favor safety above everything else.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew
- Schedule subcontractors, and vendors based on critical path to ensure timely completion
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople - site orientation
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite
- Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals
- Ensure that subcontractor(s) are fully executing & complying with their contracted scope of work
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Preside over weekly safety Meetings
- Perform quality control duties & responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience as construction Assistant Superintendent or Foreman
- Strong knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information
- Ability to use the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, Apple/Android devices, digital camera.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and ProCore but will teach
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade a plus (electrician, carpenter etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical including Vision & Dental
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off – Accrual System
- Sick Pay – Accrual System
- Observation of Major Holidays