TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EMLab P&K - Mold/Asbestos Analyst - Seattle
at TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.
The Analyst performs analysis of non-culturable surface and air samples for fungi. . The Analyst performs analysis of bulk samples using PLM for asbestos. Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP’s, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and uploads laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
- Prepare and analyze aerobiological and environmental samples for fungi, lead, asbestos and bacteria.
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts’ work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
- Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
- Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
- Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
- Trains new mycology or bacteriology or asbestos or other analytical testing Analysts as needed
- Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
- Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
- Performs root cause analysis and determines and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
- Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
- Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
- Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
Eurofins TestAmerica, the largest, fastest-growing environmental testing laboratory network in the US, attributes our success to the professionalism and technical expertise of our people. We believe that each person contributes directly to Eurofins TestAmerica growth and success. We have made a commitment to our employees to help them achieve both personal and professional growth. As the leader in the environmental testing industry, Eurofins TestAmerica provides all the elements for your success.
We realize that our employees are our most important assets, and credit our success to our employees' innovation and dedication. Accelerate your future with Eurofins TestAmerica!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Eurofins TestAmerica Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- 1-2 years of work laboratory experience involving both spore trap and direct exam analysis experience PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, biology or a closely related science. REQUIRED
- 8 units of Microbiology courses PREFERRED
- At least 3 years non-academic lab experience, 2 years of which MUST be with analysis of spore trap and direct exam. PREFERRED
- 1 – 2+ years experience performing asbestos microcopy - PREFERRED