Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Involuntary Treatment Coordinator/Discharge Planner (Full-Time) - Behavioral Health 259
at Telecare Corporation
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
The Telecare Thurston Mason E&T (Evaluation and Treatment) is an acute 15-bed adult intensive treatment program. The program provides services to individuals experiencing severe psychiatric symptoms who may benefit from more structured services, supports, and a secure setting. The program provides recovery-focused services. Telecare programs transform lives, generate measurable outcomes, and reduce financial costs. Services are designed to respond to local needs function as a strategic, accountable, and experienced partner within systems of care. The E&T is designated by Thurston Mason Behavioral Health Organization (TMBHO) as a facility providing involuntary psychiatric care. E&T residents are ages 18 and stay on average 5-7 days.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Monday - Friday
The Involuntary Treatment Coordinator performs a variety of procedures in an effort to coordinate court dates, e-filing of documents and notification of key parties for involuntary clients.
• Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of office experience Or
• High School Diploma or GED, and one (1) year of college and three (3) years of progressively responsible office experience
• Customer Service experience
• Advance computer skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, and First Aid certified on date of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Experience in a court or legal environment
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Identifies client needs and assists them in identifying and obtaining required forms and documents required for filing with court
• Responsible for tracking key dates for legal processes by notifying staff and court team
• Copy and prepare documents for court
• Identifies communication needs with staff and court
• Coordinates key dates and filings with the court
• Identify court filing dates as they relate to approaching deadlines
• Must assist as needed with de-escalation and restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training and maintain current certification (CPI)
• Work effectively as a team member, participating in treatment team meetings and other client care coordination activities
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to create spreadsheets for tracking deadlines and milestones
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently as well as in a team setting
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability