Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tableau Software
What you’ll be doing…
As the Tableau Product Trainer, you will be a key point of contact between Tableau Software and our customer base. You are high-energy and driven. This position is responsible for the design and delivery of a variety of Tableau training courses using both in person and virtual delivery. You are extremely customer-focused and motivated to help our customers succeed by helping them understand how our products work and how to implement them effectively. You understand that at the end of the day, your job is to drive customer adoption by focusing on customer success and building product champions. You possess an innate curiosity about how things work.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Deliver Tableau product training to customers in Open Registration sessions, customer on-sites and using Virtual Classroom technology
- Provide feedback on course materials and help to improve them based on delivery experience
- Assist in the development of new course offerings as required
- Provide product feedback to product management
- Assist in the mentoring of new trainers and / or partners as we scale the training business
- As part of the training role you will receive customer specific questions which will lead into a consultative role in some cases – a drive to help our customers receive specific consulting help is a great way to expand in the training role
Who you are…
- Passionate. You have a passion for education and learning. You are a fast learner and you enjoy learning new concepts and technology and determining how to best explain it to others
- Problem Solver. An understanding of business issues and how Tableau can solve them. Ability to communicate equally well with a business or technical audience and gage which is the most appropriate at any given time
- Data Rock Star. Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Tableau products with a solid knowledge of the Business Intelligence industry and data visualization best practices
- Excellent Communication. Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills along with strong interpersonal skills and relationship building are a must.
- 1-2 years training experience preferred. A Bachelor's of Science is required with a technical or business focus preferred.
- Energy and Creativity. Able to creatively problem solve on the spot. You will be constantly bombarded with questions during your sessions, so you need to be able to come up with creative solutions using our product suite on the fly
- Domain. Knowledge of databases, warehouses, business intelligence systems and data analysis tools and experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza etc) is an asset.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- Technically Savvy. Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts and principles is required along with knowledge of adult learning analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM system
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!