Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer / Infrastructure
at Tableau Software
What you’ll be doing…
As a member of the Engineering Services and Data Infrastructure team, you will be using your software development skills to architect systems and services to modernize our engineering infrastructure to make the product development experience at Tableau the best in the industry. If you love decoding complex systems, designing intuitive service interfaces, and exploring innovative ways to improve developer experience and optimize engineering operations, you will feel right at home.
You will be challenged to leverage creativity and experience to create new features and services that satisfy customer needs and extend their ability to see, understand, and “reach out and touch” their data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your primary responsibilities are…
- Create maintainable, well tested services and tooling using languages such as Perl, Python, bash, PowerShell, C#, C++, and Java
- Design systems, working with IT and service providers to architect and implement well running, supportable systems
- Establish development and design patterns that enable the next generation of service infrastructure
- Support an eco-system of continuous delivery pipeline tooling, through integration and automation.
- Manage, create and integrate a wide-range of tools and services designed to speed-up and facilitating the development experience
- Monitor the health, reliability and performance of Tableau’s Engineering Services, detecting issues quickly and driving quality improvement over time
- Collaborate with product development teams to understand and aid our customers in establishing and achieving their goals
- Review and provide detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features
Who you are...
- Technical. You have strong architectural and design skills, and you have a knack for abstracting 'hairy' problems behind simple interfaces. You are comfortable in different languages and environments.
- Care Deeply about Software Quality. You are passionate about architecting and producing solid build and test tools that allow developers to produce and test high quality code. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in product and services.
- DevOps Mindset. You are familiar with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts. You treat operational issues as if they are software problems. You view software as a primary tool to manage, maintain, fix, and extend systems required to support large development environments. You promote operational excellence!
- Automation. You leverage automation, monitoring and data analysis to ensure high availability (HA) for internal services and infrastructure
- Customer-focus. You work to understand developer needs and work backwards from there to make decisions and achieve goals.
- Builder and Integrator. You have a track record of building things when you need to, picking the right existing tools, and elegantly integrating them.
- Broad Platform Experience. You have strong skills or interest in creating systems to run on multiple platforms (Windows, OSX, Linux), on-premised and in AWS, and a variety of database platforms.
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from your colleagues, teaching others and ability to work well independently.
- Motivated to Learn. You have an insatiable curiosity and have a need to understand exactly how things work.
- Big Thinker. You can see the big picture, think at scale, and are willing to make bold choices. ?You think big and fail fast.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java, Python or C++)
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!