Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer - Authentication
at Tableau Software
What you’ll be doing…
As the Tableau platform has expanded in the Enterprise, our need for a more robust, extensible Auth layer has grown. Come join the team focused on rearchitecting our Authentication service to more easily integrate with frameworks like Open ID Connect and services like Auth0, Cognito, Okta as well as support our suite of products including thick clients, browser apps, mobile, and headless jobs. You will work closely with large customers to understand their network topology and authentication configuration needs. You will work with many teams inside Tableau including our Mobile and Desktop clients, our Security team, and our online Auth provider (TableauID). Your work will need to support our on premise server product as well as our Online SAAS offering. You will work with our Developer Platform team to understand how supporting OAuth2 protocols could help support our headless scenarios. You will work with our Connectivity team to understand how authenticated identities can transition to be used to authenticate to backend data sources. And if you are not excited enough, you also get to help work on some of the Authorization work to help map out a robust Policy and Role based system that can support more of our Enterprise scenarios.
Who you are…
First off, you are someone who read the above and thought that sounded like an exciting team to work with (because it is)
- Experienced. 7 plus years’ experience shipping commercial software or services. Experienced with Java and some form of Java Service development. Some experience working with / knowledge of Authentication protocols. Bonus points if you can name and describe 4 different types of proxy configurations.
- Passionate. You must have passion for building things that other developers love and can rely on. You also have a passion for architecture and APIs.
- Creative Thinker. You must have the ability to think like our developer customers.
- Flexible. You must feel comfortable stretching yourself into code that is not yours and programming languages you might not be as familiar with.
- Collaborative. You must enjoy working in an open source community and engaging directly with our customers.
- Advocate. You must be able to think of Tableau developers as our consumers. If we don't use the API’s ... do they really work?
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!