Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Marketing Business Analyst
at Tableau Software
What you’ll be doing…
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing the Event Marketing team with data-driven insights that guide marketing optimization and investment decisions. This role will be responsible for building a suite of analytics for optimizing Tableau’s key events, such as Tableau Conference, that draw thousands of attendees from around the globe seeking to learn more about seeing and understanding data. The domain areas cover a spectrum of event performance and ROI, web and digital analytics, to P&L and revenue forecasting models.
This position is ideal for a self-motivated and data-driven individual that has a willingness to learn, enjoys problem solving and wants to build a career in an advanced technology company.
The role requires the ability to identify and gather relevant data to enable analysis, creatively provide insights from results and communicate recommendations to various audiences (marketers to executive leadership) to support decision making.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Develop comprehensive analysis for major projects on event performance, demand generation, pricing, discount structure, P&L projections and sales for Tableau sponsored events
- Own and maintain Tableau dashboards & visualizations to help event marketing team make critical decisions and understand the overall health of their initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders from different business functions – marketing, operations, sales, finance, procurement, sourcing and technology teams to develop data architecture and ‘source of truth’ for measuring KPIs and performance of initiatives
- Manage financial analysis on ticket and sponsorship quota, revenue and forecasting models. Provide recommendations to optimize and add new revenue streams based on insights
- Drive solutions to improve data quality issues and design data architecture by collaborating with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to support and expand the use of analytics and tools
Who you are…
- Experienced. 5-7+ year’s experience in consulting, data, analytics and reporting. Experience with marketing and events helpful.
- Domain. Experience with SQL language, Tableau, Alteryx, Excel or equivalent software is desired.
- A Problem Solver. Self-starter with the ability to work well in a team-oriented and intensely deadline-driven environment.
- Team Player. Proactive, collaborative team player with positive attitude and ability to be successful in a constantly changing environment.
- Go Getter. Problem solving and critical thinking.
- A Strong Communicator. Strong communication, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed. Detail oriented, inquisitive and ambitious, able to make progress on projects with limited guidance in case of ambiguity and is able to make educated assumptions based on business acumen.
- Educated. BS/BA or advanced degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics or equivalent degree.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!