Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Symetra Financial
Design and document code changes for new products and capabilities as part of the Vantage development team. Support code changes through testing and participate in code deployments in different environments. Provide day to day production support for the Vantage system. Perform urgent problem resolution, including 24x7 on call support. Analyze functional requirements, develop/test detailed programs for complex components on Vantage. Participate in requirements definition, design walkthroughs, and code reviews. Utilize appropriate mainframe application development tools and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related
Minimum Years of Related Work Experience Required:
- 3 years of experience as a developer or related role
Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3 years developing in COBOL, z/OS, JCL, CICS
- 2 years of experience working with DB2, VSAM, SQL
- 1 year of experience with ISPF, Expeditor, Endevor, REXX, DB2 tools
- 3 years of experience developing in the Vantage system
- (Experience may be gained concurrently)