Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Director of Cloud Services
at Symetra Financial
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
This senior IT executive role partners with the CIO in managing IT day-to-day Cloud operations to improve infrastructure costs, provide business agility and drive innovation.
* Strategy & Governance: Works with the CIO, providing in-depth Cloud expertise. Accountable for enterprise Cloud strategy and architecture. Directs Cloud risk evaluation and compliance management processes. Oversees the formulation of Cloud policies, procedures, and performance management processes and measures.
* Execution: Directs teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfillment of Cloud service delivery commitments. Oversees the execution of Cloud technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise. Directs resource management, with reference to the IT workforce plan.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years in IT and business/industry Five to seven years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders Extensive experience in managing Cloud infrastructure and operations
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment, as well as system life cycle management Strong budget planning, financial management and resource management skills Expert knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs Advanced knowledge of business operations and processes Exceptional organizational change management skills Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
Key success factors of the position: * Ability to create a dedicated team of cloud engineers who focus across technology boundaries. This can start off small, but become a target model that other system engineers migrate to eventually. * Ability to create a team of I&O digital business experts to interface with digital business resources in application development and the business. This team would be a "front door" to I&O for digital business, and will either take on some operational responsibilities or act as a coordination function by assisting non-I&O resources from navigating Cloud and external API resources.
For more info, check out our website: www.symetra.com/careers