Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Systems & Payroll Specialist
at Symetra Financial
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
The HR Systems & Payroll Specialist is an exciting role where you'll split your time supporting and maintaining Symetra's talent/performance systems and processing corporate payroll. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in multiple faucets of HR and Payroll! You'll have a dual reporting relationship to the Payroll Manager and HR Systems & Operations Manager.
As the HR Systems Administrator for our performance/talent/analytics systems:
- Support employee use of the systems by addressing questions & troubleshooting issues.
- Provide guidance on system limitations and capabilities to determine the best approach in using our Recruiting/Talent Management systems to meet business goals.
- Collaborate internally within HR, IT, and/or external vendors as necessary to escalate and resolve issues.
- Participate in the review, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and new releases.
- Explore, recommend, and implement creative approaches to system design to enhance the employee's experience or achieve a business need.
- Generate and manage standard, custom, and ad-hoc report requests.
- Provide training to new system users & practitioners.
- Proactively develop and/or review communications to ensure employees & practitioners of the systems are educated on system use, releases and product enhancements.
- Develop and maintain system admin procedures, job aides, & employee resource guides.
- Maintain the data integrity in the systems by running queries and analyzing the data.
- Provide technical training, and data support for initiatives and projects.
- Assist in the implementation of organization-wide projects and programs as needed.
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HR technologies.
- Facilitator for on-going employee trainings.
As the Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Processing corporate bi-weekly payroll using ADP's Enterprise. This includes payroll data entry, administering file feeds from both internal and external sources and processing self-service documents.
- Review benefit file from ADP Health and Welfare.
- Create and transmit payroll files for processing.
- Collaborate with the Payroll Accountant to correct payroll audit errors.
- Support our employees by responding to their payroll questions and concerns.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting, finance or Human Resources with prior HR/Payroll systems experience (ex: ADP, SAP, PeopleSoft etc.) required.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, intermediate-advanced skills in Excel, and Access knowledge.
- Analytical skills to include the ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to train others and present data in an organized and approachable manner.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and goals with a focus on continuous improvement.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong team orientation & customer focus.
- Prior systems implementation experience helpful.
- Prior experience with talent (ADP Recruiting Management, Reflektive) and ADP Enterprise v5 (HRIS/Payroll) preferred. SharePoint experience strongly preferred.
For more info, check out our website: www.symetra.com/careers