Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Symetra Financial
Are you a recruiter wanting to make an impact?
Did you answer yes? Great, then we have the role for you! We are looking to add a dynamic, pro-active full-cycle recruiter who has a passion for networking, collaborating and recruiting top talent to join the Symetra Talent Acquisition team.
If you are self-starter, thrive on wearing many hats, and are looking for a position that will allow you to build on your strengths and grow your career, plus be a part of an awesome team, then look no further.
This is your chance to use your passion for a world class recruiting candidate and stakeholder experience, creative problem-solving skills and drive to step-up and bring in the right talent to serve our customers and tackle our highest value initiatives.
A little bit about us
We have 60 years of experience providing products and services that help people and businesses achieve their financial goals through our Retirement, Benefits and Individual Life divisions. Based out of Bellevue, Washington and with offices in 20 locations across the U.S. we're one team empowering each other to be innovative, always learn and to be committed to serving our customers, partners and the communities in which we live and work.
What you'll do in this role
- Partner with your hiring managers and the business to understand their hiring needs and define a recruitment strategy to find the best talent for their team and Symetra. To do so, you'll manage the entire recruiting cycle from requisition creation through candidate generation, sourcing, interviewing, offer and onboarding.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders as well as hiring managers, human resources business partners and leadership; keeping them informed and appropriately involved throughout the entire recruiting process.
- Think outside the box and be proactive to source high quality candidates through the development and implementation of traditional and innovative recruiting techniques such as cold-calling, direct sourcing, competitive research, and networking, applicant tracking system, referrals and social media.
- Work with your colleagues to develop and manage recruiting related programs/tasks (e.g. internship program, campus recruiting, social recruiting, applicant tracking system, interviewing skills, recruiting materials, etc.).
- Proudly wear your Symetra blue and represent at career fairs, in our university recruiting efforts, and at community and networking events.
What you bring to the table
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- 3-4 years of full cycle recruiting experience; non-technical preferred (i.e. Actuarial, Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Operations)
- Demonstrated business acumen in understanding client needs and applying appropriate recommendations
- Excellent communication, organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong team orientation, customer focus, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, results oriented environment where change and yes ambiguity are the norm
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build and foster relationships with your team, business partners, hiring managers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated and proven networking and sourcing skills
- Solid proficiency working with applicant tracking systems
- Outstanding service orientation, sense of urgency and a high-level of personal integrity
What we offer
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better--both at work and at home.
- Health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, vision, health savings account and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources designed to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Life and disability benefits to provide financial protection for you and your family
- Flexible and telecommute work arrangements
- Paid time away options to accommodate your needs and life's events, including vacation (our favorite), illness, caring for a family member, volunteering, the birth or adoption of a child, the loss of a family member and more
- Ongoing learning and skills development through our college tuition assistance, professional education certification programs and more
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Programs to make your life easier such as commute options, adoption assistance and even pet insurance
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching and/or participate in our company-wide week of service each June
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
To learn more about Symetra and our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers