Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Build Your Career at STV
At STV, we not only tackle world-class projects, we also develop employee skills, recognize achievements and offer opportunities for advancement. So, if you’re looking for a rewarding position working for an industry leader, then STV is the place for you. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we all have a stake in the business.
Grow at STV
Life is an ongoing learning experience, and we want you to continue to grow here at STV. We offer a number of programs and benefits, from professional development seminars, tuition reimbursement program, a career development program, online education initiatives, and much more to help you expand your knowledge and develop your skills, so you can take your career to the next level with STV.
Take Care of Your Personal & Financial Health
With a wide range of competitive benefit programs, we are committed to helping employees be personally and financially healthy and productive.
We are seeking a Project Engineer for our Washington D.C. office with a minimum of 5 years of experience to manage the field operations for roadway and or bridge infrastructure projects. The Project Engineer will act as the on-site owner’s representative and needs to have solid working knowledge of local DDOT and utility agency standards. If you love being able to perform a mixture of office and field work then keep reading.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Acts as the primary contact between the contractor and owner.
- Manages the field office operations and supervises the inspection team.
- Reviews the budget, construction schedule and Inspector Daily Reports.
- Works closely with owner and all contractors to manage change orders, contractor claims and to coordinate any utility and any WMATA operations.
- Reviews and monitors all contractor activity for contract compliance, safety, and quality.
- Maintains a daily diary and project progress report.
- Provides recommendations to solve any field issues that arise.
- Chairs all meeting for job site activity.
- B.S. in Engineering or Constructing Management.
- DC Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience working on roadway, bridge, and utility rehabilitation construction projects, including inspection, with 5 years of experience as a Project Engineer managing field operations on projects.
- Solid knowledge of DDOT, DC Water and other local utility standards and specifications.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is also a plus.
- Transit experience is a plus
- Experience in any local agencies surrounding DC.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.