Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, and environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit.
We currently have an opening in Washington, DC for a Construction Manager in our Transportation & Infrastructure division to work on various project and construction management services contracts for local transit agencies to replace existing and or build new bus and rail infrastructure.
- Manages all aspects of the contractors performing the work
- Manages supervisory and engineering personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Assembles members of organization (supervisory, clerical, engineering, cost control, and other workers) at start of project.
- Coordinates between and among Client and other stakeholder departments
- Coordinates work with all Contractors, and ensures all project deliverables conform with the technical specifications and contract
- Provides technical analysis, cost analysis support, and reviews requests for changes submitted by the construction contractor. Manages the activities associated with the changes to the construction contractor's work (request for change, change notices, change orders, contract modifications, etc.)
- Communicates construction techniques and changes to the contractor when necessary to enhance job safety
- Recommends, if appropriate, construction techniques to expedite the project
- Evaluates specifications to plan procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Oversees contractor safety program, prepares daily logs and reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Manages construction activities within federal, state, and local environmental rules and regulations.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering, construction management, or related field
- Minimum of 20 years demonstrated experience in managing large construction projects
- PMP and/or CCM certification preferred
- Bus & rail transit construction experience required
- Design/Build/Operate/Maintain (DBOM), Design-Build and CM-at-Risk experience preferred
- Ability to manage complex budgets and schedules
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge of working in a government environment
- Pass a government background check
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, creed, age, disability (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical), marital status, sexual orientation, or gender.