Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Accountant in Redmond, WA at Stryker Corporation
at Stryker Corporation
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. This professional will manage and reconcile various intercompany trading partner relationships, facilitate intercompany chargebacks, complete time sensitive tasks/reports, and record various accruals. Will participate in the monthly closing process and preparation of internal financial statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare reports, make general ledger entries and review accuracy of journal entries.
- Ensure transactions from the AP & Treasury sub-ledgers are recorded and appropriately treated in the General Ledger.
- Network with OUS accounting departments to obtain information needed for monthly close.
- Prepare monthly cash and intercompany account reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Ensure that reconciling items are properly identified and resolved.
- Ensure GAAP principles are followed.
- Analyze variances and provide explanations to management.
- Manage foreign currency revaluation process.
- Working knowledge of Inter-company Consolidation, Elimination and Adjustments.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Lead technological implementations for assigned area of responsibility to yield process efficiency gains.
- Ensure internal controls are effectively maintained for assigned tasks.
- Assist in year-end financial audit.
- Perform related duties as required.
- BA or BS, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 3 or more years of comprehensive GL accounting experience with demonstrated application of broad knowledge of accounting concepts including, accrual accounting, the matching principal and ability to account for most line items of the financial statements.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Intermediate computer skills, including standard Microsoft applications; strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; high integrity and self-confidence; ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and oral).
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: None
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.