State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UICS Training Integrity Manager (WMS2 2019-08136) Olympia
at State of Washington
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce – starting right here at ESD!
**** PLEASE NOTE: This job has been reposted and will remain open until a selection is made. Application review will be ongoing, and therefore we encourage you to submit your application materials as soon as possible. The Hiring Manager reserves the right to close the posting at any time once a selection has been made. ****
Who We Are
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family medical leave.
Why bring your talent to ESD?
At ESD we value Collaboration, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Innovation, and Integrity, Investing in our people and Service with kindness. We have a flexible work environment that respects your work/life balance, ensures your voice matters, and values a diverse workforce dedicated to the Power to Help when people need it most.
The Unemployment Insurance Customer Support (UICS) Division provides unemployment benefits to eligible workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own and collects unemployment insurance taxes from employers to fund the system. ESD's strategic plan requires that UICS implements methods, training, and projects to improve service and quality, reduce delays, and lower the cost of benefit administration. Implementing successful projects and increasing the capacity of leaders and staff to make that happen is critical to the success of ESD's strategy. The Training Integration Manager directs the activities of the UICS Training Unit, and the UI Benefits Performance support staff. These teams provide technical expertise on intake, adjudication, and special programs functions for statewide UI benefit service delivery. They develop and deliver UI benefits and Tax and Wage program training, and support division-wide performance analysis and improvement efforts. Additionally, they produce workload analysis and workload forecasting to support resource allocation and decision making.
You will work collaboratively with executive sponsors and business leaders, developing best practices to ensure that projects are properly selected, scoped, planned, executed, monitored, and controlled to achieve expected results. This work advances the agency's objectives of employee engagement, customer focus, and well-planned and executed organizational change management. Managing this area you will work with line staff, agency experts, and data analysts to measure the extent to which operational projects move performance indicators in the right direction.
Some of what you will do:
UICS Training Management
- Manage UICS training unit responsible for providing technical expertise on intake, adjudication, special programs, and Tax and Wage functions for statewide UICS service delivery.
- Development and delivery of all aspects of UICS program training.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the development of e-learning modules and management of the statewide Learning Management System (LMS) for the UICS Division.
- Manage development and delivery of UICS UTAB and eServices training materials for other ESD divisions.
Leadership and Supervision
- Lean process improvement working with UICS staff to engage in business process analysis to measure baseline results, and understand existing processes.
- Suggest business process improvements and carry out improvement projects.
- Supervise seven (7) ES Program Coordinator 3 positions.
- Identify the need for outside expert assistance with new or challenging operational tasks. Identifies resources within the agency or within state government.
- Obtain resources through outside contracting: develop RFPs, manage the procurement process, assist in selection of contractors, manage contracts and ensure the agency receives the best possible value from its investment.
- Ensure that skills and knowledge of outside contractors are successfully transferred to agency staff.
Here is what we are looking for:
We seek a solid leader with the technical expertise in successful implementation of performance analysis projects and delivery of statewide training. A leader able to both achieve expected results on strategic plan outcomes, and increased speed and quality of service. With proven ability to lower costs as measured by key performance indicators for frontline teams, mid-management and major programs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, organization development, organizational psychology, operations research, or similar field.
- Knowledge and experience with adult learning principles and theory.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and crisp writing skills as demonstrated by written work products.
- Knowledge and experience developing and applying change management methods to large, complex service delivery problems.
- Knowledge and experience developing and applying process improvement methods to large, complex service delivery problems.
- Ability to train executives, managers, and front-line employees in teaming, communication, management principles, and creating a positive work environment
- Knowledge of strategic planning, strategy deployment, and the use of key performance indicators in strategy execution.
- Familiarity with change management tools.
- Two (2) years' experience managing, developing and leading effective teams.
- Two (2) years' experience facilitating diverse work groups and teams involved in service delivery.
- Two (2) years' experience managing complex projects.
- Strong background in data and metric development and deployment.
- Formal training in project management and ability to use MS Project to help teams manage project phases and work breakdown structure.
- Knowledge of project portfolio management methods.
- Knowledge of process improvement tools to identify statistical relationships between operational measures and strategic outcomes.
- Certification in project management or Lean Six Sigma or both.
- Supplemental Information
Attach the following documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Letter of interest/cover letter describing how you meet the requirements of the position
- Applications with comments such as "see attachments" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
- Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Check.
- The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!Modern Workplace
ESD's employee engagement continued to trend upward in 2018 as we developed programs to improve the employee experience. We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
Questions: Please contact Phyllis Gallegos on the Talent Acquisition Team at 360-902-9455, Pgallegos@esd.wa.gov, HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov, or Washington Relay Service 711 with general questions, if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, or if you need this job announcement in an alternate format.