State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Office 365 Admin
at State of Washington
Overall Job Objective
The Legislative Service Center, also known as LEG-TECH (pronounced 'LEDGE-TECK') is the non-partisan technology solutions provider for the Washington State Legislature. We are a team of highly competent technology professionals committed to consistently meeting or exceeding customer and team expectations with innovative products and services. Our team is passionate about technology and aims to provide a world-class IT customer service experience. Whether it takes the form of back-end infrastructure services, hardware and software troubleshooting, application development, supporting our hybrid cloud/on-premise environment, direct front-line customer support, help desk or training, we support a connected Legislature.
LEG-TECH is looking for a passionate Office 365 system administrator, who is interested in joining the technical support team, responsible for the Legislature's Office 365 environment. We want someone with Office 365 working experience, who can hit the ground running and contribute quickly. The ability to function collaboratively within our team and support the priorities of the Legislature are critical characteristics of our new systems administrator.
You will have the opportunity to work with cloud services and technologies to support a modern, digital work environment. We offers competitive salaries, performance based salary reviews, a comprehensive benefits package, flexible work schedules, and colleagues who truly enjoy what they do.
To find out more about LEG-TECH please visit our website.
- You will have an opportunity to:
- Leverage your skills and talents to support Office 365 applications and services that give our customers the tools they need to do the work of the Legislature and give the public the information they need to interact with the Legislature
- Collaborate with our dedicated teams of professionals throughout the agency who care about their work and exceeding customers expectations
- Bring your ideas to the table for providing innovative solutions for our customers' needs.
Under minimal supervision, individual in this position will drive to build LEG-TECH into a Best-in-Class digital service delivery team through:
Ensure LEG-TECH can support mission critical applications within Digital Workplace (Architecture, Troubleshooting, Education and Training, Operational Support, Implementation, Delivery Excellence, Customer Service, etc.):
- Exchange Online
- O365 Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skype for Business
- O365 Forms
- Microsoft Stream
- O365 Planner
- O365 Groups
- SharePoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Provide input into our Digital Workplace Strategy.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for Office 365 collaboration applications.
- Align Office 365's Roadmap with LEG-TECH's Digital Workplace roadmap and ensure solutions and architecture align with standards.
- Coach/mentor other team members on Office 365 services.
- Manage Office 365 Governance
- Ensure support and maintenance meets or exceeds service level expectations.
- Ensure service acceptance criteria from completed projects for Office 365 are met/exceeded by team.
- Create and continually refine the roadmap for these technologies.
- Communicate effectively and build strong working relationships with legislature customers on technical and business tasks.
- Deliver to department's executive leadership technical knowledge, data, best practices, and recommendations for decision making .
- Partner with various entities throughout LEG-TECH on Legislature-wide challenges (Governance, Projects, Public Disclosure, Security, Cloud Adoption, Modernization of Collaboration, etc.) .
- Consult with the Legislature's various agencies on the capabilities and usage of Office 365 applications.
- Provide Incident Management leadership when outages or incidents occur.
- Perform varied job assignments commensurate with the IT Professional A level.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Combines enthusiasm with a passion for technology.
- Demonstrates excellent people skills and sensitivity when working with a diverse group of customers who may have different or competing needs.
- Can multi-task with composure while dealing with multiple simultaneous issues.
- Is organized and methodical, yet flexible enough to handle shifting priorities situations that aren't clear-cut.
- Has an ability to process new and complex information and collaborate with internal staff and customers when troubleshooting resolutions in a calm manner.
- Conveys a professional demeanor in dress, appearance, communication and attitude.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables while maintaining schedule commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and discretion.
- Strong creative problem-solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills, and the ability to work collaboratively, and be self-directed.
- Ability to move easily between leading, supporting, designing, developing, implementing roles.
- Ability to build trust and engagement across teams and organizational structures.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, public administration, computer science, Information Technology Management, economics, or a related field.
- Eight (8) years of experience in Office 365 Administration or comparable skill level.
- Experience in Identity Management strongly desired
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff or customers.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability.
- Ability to interact with diverse workforce within the Legislature and customer base.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong business ethics and work ethic.
- Supplemental Information
- Interested persons should submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing applicable qualifications and experience
- A résumé detailing the name(s) of employer(s), length of employment, position titles and scope of responsibilities
- Answers to the following questions:
- Describe your ability to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. How do you set priorities, use resources, and follow up on commitments?
- What is the most important aspect or characteristic you would bring to this position? Describe why you believe this is essential to the position.
- Describe your most challenging professional experience. Explain why and what was done to successfully meet the challenge.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact us.
Submit questions, applications and paperwork to:Legislative Service Center (LEG-TECH)
106 11th Avenue SW, Suite 2400
Olympia, WA 98501
Attn: Personnel or e-mail to:
Screening will begin immediately and this recruitment is open until filled. Initial screening will be based solely on the information provided by the candidate. Interviews will be granted to candidates most closely matching the hiring criteria.
LEG-TECH is an equal opportunity employer.