State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse 2 - CRCC
at State of Washington
Pay: $33.94 to $54.27/hour
$33.94 - $54.27
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 2304388
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Overall Job Objective
Registered Nurse 2 (RN2)
Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC)
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Registered Nurse (RN2) for the Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC) located in Connell, WA. This job posting may be used to fill other vacancies if they arise during the posting period.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Our mission at the Department of Corrections is to 'improve public safety' and our Health Services Division is committed to helping people live healthier lives. With more than 8,000 employees, we recognize that staff are our greatest asset, and the efforts of our dedicated workforce have garnered national recognition! Whether the work is inside a prison, out in the community, or an administrative office, DOC staff experience a high degree of personal reward knowing their efforts are creating an environment in which individuals under our care and supervision can learn to make choices that contribute to safer communities.
For additional information about our agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
COYOTE RIDGE CORRECTIONS CENTER (CRCC) is located on a 60-acre site about 40 miles north of the Tri Cities. CRCC recently completed a major expansion project that will house over 2,000 offenders and will help shape the future of corrections in Washington State. Balancing security functions with sustainability strategies, green-built Coyote Ridge Corrections Center is designed to protect both the public and the environment. Using 30% recycled materials, efficiency lighting controls and high-efficiency lamps, CRCC has achieved energy efficiency rates that exceed State requirements by more than 10 percent!- - -
The Registered Nurse supports the Department's mission by leading others in the delivery of nursing services that promote health, foster healing, and support coping and adjusting to various health conditions. This position also supports the mission of the Health Services division by providing necessary, comprehensive, quality health services and promoting offender wellness.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to thoroughly complete your application. Attaching a resume will not substitute for a completed application.
Under general supervision, our Registered Nurse serves as a lead worker and supports the agency mission and vision by:
- Screening, assessing, and evaluating offenders and the conditions where they live and work to ensure that they are well, safe and their health care continuous.
- Responding to all other requests for health care attention in a complete, timely, clinically appropriate and therapeutic manner.
- Delegating and supervising work, monitoring, managing, coordinating, and delivering health care.
- Planning transition, making referrals and arranging follow-up when patients transfer or return to the community.
- Assisting patients to improve their skill and ability to provide care for themselves and their family.
- Counseling, consulting, teaching, advising, and providing health information that improves quality of health services and/or enhances safety and security.
Registered Nurse 2 (RN2)
- Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- The ability to obtain a valid Washington State license to practice as a Registered Nurse prior to employment.
- One year experience working as a Registered Nurse.
NOTE: Must have initial and continuous unblemished/unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Supplemental Information
- 'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. Phone number AND email address are required for all professional references.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- This position may be included in a Union Shop.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 407-5748. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.