State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
L&I Electrical Construction Inspector Lead, Everett
at State of Washington
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2504584
Overall Job Objective
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3 million workers. Learn more about L&I, the employer of choice here.
You're a leader, respected for your electrical technical knowledge and you're ready for your next challenge. Use your skills to mentor, coach and develop others. This is your opportunity to continue developing your skills, while sharing your knowledge.
As the Electrical Construction Inspector Lead, you'll lead and coordinate electrical inspection and compliance activities that promote uniform, high quality electrical installations. Help to reduce the negative effects of the underground economy on Washington businesses and electricians, and provide quality customer experiences assisting them in complying with applicable laws using fairness, education and communication.
- Schedule daily inspection work for assigned Electrical Inspectors.
- Conduct inspections of all types of electrical installations to ensure compliance with RCW 19.28, WAC 296-46B, the National Electrical Code (NEC), and construction-industry standards for electrical installations.
- Perform electrical permitting; contractor licensing; and electrician certification compliance activities, in accordance with these same laws and codes.
- Conduct and assist Electrical Inspectors with unusual, complicated and highly technical electrical installation inspections.
- Review inspection work of Electrical Inspectors to help the Supervisor ensure high quality inspections, compliance activities and good customer experiences.
- 4 years' experience as a certified journeyman electrician (EL01) in the electrical construction trade installing and maintaining electrical systems or other experience as outlined in RCW 19.28.321
- A thorough understand how and when the National Electrical Code, RCW 19.28 and WAC 296-46B apply to all commercial, industrial and residential electrical installations and the calculation of loads in those installations.
- 2 years' experience as an Electrical Construction Inspector or equivalent outside experience.
- Able to work with diverse groups and cultures, home and business owners, contractors, utilities and government entities.
- Able to deescalate hostile confrontations, identify and reduce exposure to physically unsafe environments and perform within the limitations of the authority of the position.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, safely and achieve quality results with little need for oversight.
- Possess investigative skills, mindset and inquisitive in nature. Demonstrate trouble-shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Honest and professional in all interactions.
- Demonstrate written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Read and interpret electrical plans.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Possession of a Washington State General Administrator's Certificate (AD01) or Master General Electrician Certificate (ME01) is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-section of electrical work in the electrical construction industry desirable.
- Demonstrated success leading or supervising assigned staff or projects is desirable.
- Motivated to become proficient and knowledgeable in the use of investigative databases SAM and PAIRS.
- Supplemental Information
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, program, or the agency please contact Christine Dominguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above. Please attach:
- a cover letter,
- scan or photo of your EL01 license
- and resume (to include additional work experience not demonstrated in your application) as part of your application packet.
Your application materials will be used for deciding who will be selected for an interview.
- This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
- Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
- Employees driving on state business shall have a valid driver's license. If driving a privately owned vehicle on state business, must be insured.
- This position is represented by the Coalition (IBEW).
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ or contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer