State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
L&I Application & Data Management Senior Manager
at State of Washington
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3 million workers. Learn more about L&I, the employer of choice here.
The Department of Labor and Industries Information Technology Division is currently seeking an Application Development Senior Manager in our Tumwater, WA office. This positon will provide strategic direction, operational oversight and client management in the areas of IT services for the maintenance and operations arena of the Application & Data Management (A&DM) program. Reporting directly to the IT Deputy Assistant Director, the incumbent will manage six IT Managers who oversee the core IT Teams and oversee approximately 130 full time employees.
- Manage and oversee the delivery and impact of all application enhancement, application maintenance, data administration and database functions.
- Develop the program's long term strategy and oversee the program's performance, products and services.
- Direct the evaluation of emerging technologies to identify changes, solutions, service offerings and standards.
- Manage six IT Managers and ensure the team delivers high quality products in coordinated releases with planned schedules.
- Serve as the highest level of IT expertise for design, development, support and ongoing maintenance strategies.
- Define, develop and apply Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures.
- Provide consulting and advisory services to business managers and staff to ensure alignment with business strategies, trends, objectives and goals.
- Provide strategic direction, technical guidance, leads and oversee the development and management of IT policies and standards.
- Ensure proper business continuity planning is in place for the A&DM program in alignment with the IT Enterprise Services program.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related field.
- Ten years of increasing responsible management experience in IT specialty, such as overseeing application development and maintenance.
- Ten years of experience supervising at least 2 or more teams of employees.
- Three years of experience managing a budget In excess of $1 million.
- Four years of experience leading agile development teams using Scrum methodology.
- Four years of experience in the following:
- Strategic and budget planning.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Understanding technical systems and processes associated with security, the mainframe, midrange, platforms, desktops, voice and data or IT Development teams.
- Five years of experience as a programmer, technical analyst, business analyst or other technical specialty.
- Three years of experience as a project manager.
- Certified Project Manager or equivalent.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Supplemental Information
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described in the announcement.
Please include the following documents with your application:
1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
3. A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
- Employees driving on state business shall have a valid driver's license. If driving a privately owned vehicle on state business, must be insured.
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
- Positions requiring skills assessments are proctored only at the Department of Labor & Industries HQ Building, located in Tumwater, WA.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, program, or the agency please contact Cody Buchanan at email@example.com.