State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Management Journey (ITPM/ETS)
at State of Washington
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2502521
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Overall Job Objective
- IT Project Management Journey (ITPM/ETS
*Please Note: This position is open until filled. Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
In this role you will provide leadership for the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) division IT-Project Management Office. You will have the privilege of leading select projects, operationalizing project practices and, consulting with IT staff in their projects from concept to finished product. You will bring together business owners, IT managers, leads, and diverse staff across the agency to collaborate on IT projects that directly impact the agency core services and processes.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead, inspect, and monitor project planning, schedules, budgets, overall resources allocations, and, project teams.
- Develop and make presentations/recommendations to or for executive and senior level management.
- Set IT PM goals and objectives, develops tactics to implement, and develop performance measurements.
- Participate in team meetings, communicate status of ongoing projects and/or job tasks, and coordinate work schedules.
- Lead, enhance, improve and advance business analysis practices, ETS project staff resource tracking, IT projects resources allocations, and project management processes and methods.
A Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or closely related field.
Seven (7) years of consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in Information Technology analysis, or trouble-shooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing and designing, IT solutions.
Five (5) years' experience successfully managing a range of IT business-solution(midsize or larger) projects with an above-average level of complexity.
Two (2) years' experience administering or supervising staff who performed work in the IT project management discipline. Familiarity with, and demonstrated understanding of establishing and managing IT Project Management office operations.
It would be great if you have the following qualifications, but it isn't a deal breaker if you don't have these qualifications:
- Business Analysis (BA) experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (nice, yet not required).
- Two (2) years of exposure or experience in associating projects with Portfolios.
- Exposure with Portfolio Management development, administration, and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of, the agency's budgeting and prioritization process.
- Experience in managing or overseeing projects for quality assurance or compliance checks.
- Experience in facilitating change and/or transition planning, including collaboration with stakeholders. Proven internal and external influencing skills at executive and senior management levels.
About the HCA:
The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) purchases health care for more than 2 million Washington residents through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and, beginning in 2020, the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. Our agency is committed to whole person care, integrating physical health and behavioral health services for better results and healthier residents. As the largest health care purchaser in the state, we lead the effort to transform health care, helping ensure Washington residents have access to better health and better care at a lower cost.
How to Apply:
Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their NEOGOV profile will be considered. Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile and attach:
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications for this position.
- Current resume
- Three professional references
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.1761 or email Dennis.Lienemann@hca.wa.gov.
*Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. *