State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Washington
**Note: This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit materials as soon as possible. First application review will be November 14, 2019.
This position has been allocated as IT System Administration - Senior/Specialist.
The Office of Financial Management's (OFM) mission is to support and improve government on behalf of all Washingtonians. As an employee of OFM, you will be part of a team of dedicated professionals that works every day to fulfill this mission by providing vital information, fiscal services, policy support and technology services that the Governor, Legislature and state agencies need to serve the people of Washington.
What you will be doing
As an Integration Administrator, you will provide the operational support to maintain the integration software platforms, including Informatica and WebSphere MQ that connect the state's core enterprise systems. This highly technical role supports all platform/technologies involved in connecting critical statewide applications and making enterprise data available to agencies.
This position has the unique opportunity to join the team as it expands into iPaaS, creating a hybrid environment of cloud and on-premise platforms. You will help with the configuration and setup of iPaaS right from the beginning and create standards and guidelines around iPaaS use. You will partner with another Integration Administrator and have the opportunity to work directly with the vendor for support.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a person who is highly self-motivated and goal-oriented. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with a variety of technical teams. In addition, the candidate should be able to employ an enterprise-level vision of the integration platforms and how to keep the team moving forward with respect to industry and technology changes and growth.
Why Work for OFM?
- Dynamic, high-performing agency
- Opportunities to make a positive, statewide impact
- Support for employee growth and development
- Modern work environment
- Mobile and flexible work opportunities
- Infants at Work program
- A commitment to organizational health and wellness
- Work/life balance
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Provide technical expertise and server administration for statewide integration platforms. This includes WebSphere MQ, Informatica PowerCenter, PowerExchange, Data Integration Hub and iPaaS.
- Configure enterprise integration platforms to include managing security groups, permissions and performance settings.
- Responsible for the ongoing installation, maintenance and support of the agency's on-premise enterprise integration platforms.
- Actively monitor integration platform use for performance and capacity, and participate in capacity planning.
- Re-architect integration platforms and implement changes as necessary to align toward service goals (SLAs) and direction while remaining compliant with software licensing.
- Create and maintain a disaster recovery plan for the integration platforms.
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and execute upgrades/patches/hot fixes for integration software platforms.
- Responsible for server administration of the integration platforms and enabling connectivity to iPaaS for a hybrid environment.
- Protect the integrity of the integration platforms/iPaaS by evaluating incoming requests for appropriateness, escalating when necessary and implementing when appropriate.
- Perform release management and deployment of integration solutions.
- Set standards and guidelines for platform use.
- Analyze and document existing and proposed use of integration platforms and provide recommendations.
- Provide after hours on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field (mathematics, engineering, data and integration design).
- Eight years of recent experience with Windows server, MQ (installed on a Windows server), or Informatica administration.
- Four years of recent experience supporting a large enterprise platform with on-call support of technical infrastructure troubleshooting at a technical expert level.
- Current experience managing domains, firewalls, and security to ensure the appropriate type and level of access is granted for communication between servers and systems.
- Experience designing and engineering complex data and application integration architecture and platforms.
- Experience configuring communication channels between local systems and cloud based systems.
- Experience in Washington state enterprise systems and platform support for integration technologies and methods.
- Supplemental Information
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the required and desirable qualifications described above.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- A letter of interest describing specific qualifications.
- A current resume detailing applicable experience and education.
- A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
The Office of Financial Management is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, and ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam-era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application process, or who wish to receive this job announcement in an alternative format may call 360-725-0158 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf: 711 Relay.
For questions about this recruitment or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 902-0461. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.