State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Expert Information Security Analyst
at State of Washington
Pay: $96084 to $126072/year
$96084 - $126072
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2524967
Overall Job Objective
Expert Information Security Analyst
Expert – IT SecurityWashington Technology Solutions (WaTech) operates the state's core technology infrastructure, the central network and data center and supports enterprise applications. WaTech also houses the State Office of the Chief Information Officer and the Office of Cyber Security. Our customers include state agencies, county, city and tribal governments as well as nonprofits. We enable public agencies to better serve the people of Washington through technology.
About the Division: WaTech Information Security Services manages and operates the statewide shared security infrastructure including forward and reverse proxy servers, application and traffic management, and remote access servers. These services were established to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information held by the state of Washington and protects it from unauthorized use of modification, accidental or intentional damage or destruction.
What would you be doing in this role?
As a Expert Information Security Analyst, this position is an expert level technician that provides specialized support as a member of the WaTech Information Security team and will participate in highly complex tasks to make recommendations and decisions. These decisions will directly affect critical agency operations, logging and monitoring support, vulnerability and penetration testing, timely mitigation, incident response / investigation, and information security administration.
This position is responsible for providing advanced Information Security support for critical security systems and services while collaborating with project managers, engineers, developers and risk analysts by:
- Utilize SIEM technology to analyze disparate data sources to detect, analyze, and respond to security events and investigations
- Map networks to discover connected assets and maintain visibility and awareness of targets in scope for protection and remediation
- Perform probes of the network, applications, and devices to determine if security vulnerabilities exist and/or if security and access control policies have been violated
- Monitor threat intelligence sources and news of emerging vulnerabilities or exploits to assess potential impacts and identify actions needed for response
- Work closely with the Office of Cyber Security SOC and CIRT partners in prevention, detection, and response activities
- Provide requirements for design, configuration, and implementation of security focused tools and solutions champion changes to maintain or enhance security
- Provide input to refine existing security policies/ procedures and develop options for policy and/or procedure improvements.
- Mentor and train other WaTech IT professionals in the importance of security while staying current in technology.
- Develop and deliver IT Security related training and presentations, to diverse audiences both within and outside state government
- Obtain and maintain relevant security certifications
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training in computer science or security related areas AND four (4) years' experience working as a Senior Information Technology (IT) Information Security Specialist with expert level knowledge of security technologies such as Web Proxies, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Security Information Event Management (SIEM) implementation, Intrusion Detection, Incident Response & Investigation, Vulnerability Management and Endpoint Defense systems.
- OR Master's Degree in computer science or related degree AND two (2) years' of the experience listed above.
- OR Seven (7) years' experience as an Information Technology Applications/Systems Specialist including experience working as a Senior Information Technology (IT) Security Specialist with Information Security Operations responsibilities and expert level knowledge of security technologies such as Web Proxies, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Defense systems, and Investigation and Forensics tools. A combination of relevant education and IT Security experience totaling seven (7) years.
- Information security certifications such as CISSP, GIAC's GCED, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH.
- Experience developing and implementing information security operations controls, guidelines and procedures.
- Understanding of advanced protocols and standards, including a demonstrated ability to perform complex analysis and metrics.
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and industry regulations (NIST, PCI, HIPAA, CSC).
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov.
To be considered for this position you will need to:
- Provide a letter of interest that addresses your interest in this position and ability to perform the responsibilities described for this role.
- Provide a resume that clearly demonstrates how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
First round of application assessments will be conducted seven days after the initial job posting date. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Melanie Pearson at (360) 407-2151 or email to Melanie.Pearson@watech.wa.gov.
WaTech is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact Melanie Pearson at (360) 407-2151 or Melanie.Pearson@watech.wa.gov. Persons of disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. WaTech complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
To learn more about WaTech please view our site.