State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Content Management Support Specialist/Journey
at State of Washington
Enterprise Content Management Support Specialist/Journey
** To be considered for the first round of interviews please have your applications submitted no later than October 6, 2019**
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to take on the dynamic role of an Enterprise Content Management/Journey level for our Information Technology Unit. This is a full-time, permanent position located at Department of Corrections Headquarters in Tumwater, Washington.
Our mission at the Department of Corrections (DOC) is to 'improve public safety'. With a vast number of innovative sustainability programs, and evidence-based practices used to reduce recidivism, Washington State is highly regarded as a strong leader in the field of Corrections. For additional information about our agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
This position possess a fully competent, professional working knowledge of the principles and concepts, at a proficient level of the technologies assigned responsible to support. They provide journey level knowledge of the Agency and Department missions, policies, programs, IT Instructions and Procedures. The position provides journey level support, sometimes under the direction and oversight of an expert level technician, involving customer facing, and agency mission critical applications. This position also provides, under direction, journey level assistance in planning, coordinating, testing, operating, and troubleshooting all applications which fall under their responsibility, including PMP (Password Management system for IT), box (cloud storage services), Report Wizard (Word Forms based tool for business), and CIS (Consumable Inventory System). In addition, this position provides backup support for the following applications; OnBase (Enterprise Content Management and infrastructure), Quality Center-Unified Functional Tester (Application Testing Suite), XyLoc (High Security Authentication Badges), and SDM (Sustainable Data Management system). This position provides Tier 3 support for the applications assigned, and coordinates with application vendors and other IT workgroups to support these systems.
To be considered for this position, please attach the following to your online application:
- A detailed, chronological resume, and
- Letter of Interest that outlines how you meet the qualifications for this position
- A minimum of three (3) professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies.
Key responsibilities of an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Journey level include, but are not limited to:
Provides statewide journey level technical support for numerous agency applications and ensures their on-going availability, including OnBase DOC's Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system, modules, and its infrastructure, PMP, box cloud storage services, as well as their associated hardware components.
- Monitors supported applications' performance
- Provides various reports
- Performs troubleshooting of emergent issues
- Application performance monitoring
- Establishes and maintains ongoing preventive maintenance tasks
- Ensures the Password Manager Pro application is up and available
- Manages assignments of those in PMP
- Creates new ECM digital/electronic forms
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Develops and implements communication strategies
- Configures and tests new ECM features (modules) and works with customers on functionality training
- Performs continuous follow-up and post-release support
- Applies new technologies, determines operational requirements and creates technical documentation
- Tests, installs, and configures new models of high capacity scanners
- Responds to unusual situations and resolves with minimal guidance.
- Configures and manages
- Understands and can discuss standard IT processes and procedures impacted
- Coordinates with scan station users
- Creates and tracks purchase requests
- Maintains file shares and folder permissions.
- Utilizes existing routines, industry standards of practice, and IT Instructions and Procedures (I&P's)
- Diagnoses, resolves and documents
- Creates new user accounts, deletes old user accounts, and transfers associated hardware tokens.
- Installs, tests and deploys Unity, Thick, and Web ECM client software.
- Monitors service management queue, works tickets to completion.
- Manages the setup of agency enterprise Box accounts and perform account reconciliation
Participates in projects to improve current applications, product delivery, and infrastructure, while bringing our systems in line with current best practices for high availability and supportability on the latest technologies.
- Participates in project and planning meetings
- Reviews and completes project documentation
- Performs assigned project testing and implementation
- Participates as an integral part of projects
- Performs, as part of a project, testing and documenting
- Develops training materials and provides end-user training
- Collaborates with DOC's ECM community in collecting customer needs
- Designs new ECM electronic forms
Reviews, develops, and maintains professional documentation used in support of the applications this position is responsible for, and hardware inventories associated with these applications.
- Writes clear and concise technical and procedural documents
- Uses SharePoint lists and Microsoft Office documents to create documentation.
- Trains and assists subject matter experts on end-user application support.
- Consults with customers and business analysts to clearly define and document requested enhancements or system design errors needing correction.
- Maintains existing application documentation and retires outdated or redundant documents.
- Creates and maintains project related documentation
Associates degree in computer science or related field from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or foreign equivalent.
Four (4) years of Information Technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing, and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, hosted applications, or network infrastructure equipment, directing technology projects, providing customer or technical support in information technology.
One (1) year of technical work experience administering Microsoft Windows Server v2012 or greater.
One (1) year of technical work experience installing, configuring, or administering Enterprise Content Management (ECM) | Imaging systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability and skills to communicate in both business and technical terms to technical staff, customers, and management.
- Ability to conduct capacity planning, application performance evaluation, and tuning of high risk, high impact mission critical services and applications.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and show good judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively between non-IT and IT teams using the necessary vernacular to ensure a common understanding among all necessary parties so a business need can be clearly defined and met.
- Be available for off hours contact at times when system issues occur.
- Must have experience in a wide area of technical competencies to apply in troubleshooting complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree, that includes at least (9) semester hours or (15) quarter hours of Computer Science courses.
- One year of technical work experience scripting in PowerShell.
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification
- MTA, MCSA, or MCSE certification
- A level-2 certification as defined by the Department of Defense 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program such as Security+, GSEC, SCNP or SSCP
- Supplemental Information
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- This position is required to sign and comply with the DOC-IT Confidentiality Agreement.
- This position may be represented by a Union Shop.
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, genders, sexual orientations, and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 725-8459. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.