State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS WSH Security Guard
at State of Washington
Security Guard 2
Join us in Transforming Lives to empower patients and instill hope, support, self-discovery and independence.
We have opportunities available for a Security Guard 2 to join our team at Western State Hospital to provide protection and security to units, residents, staff and the general public.
Some of what you'll do:
- Provide 24 hour security coverage for patients admitted to community hospitals; escort visitors
- Operate a patrol vehicle; patrol hospital grounds to ensure the safety and security of the staff, patients, property and the community; patrol a designated area or unit
- Actively engage with residents as appropriate to promote and ensure a safe and therapeutic environment, which could include operating restraint systems in accordance with policy and procedures
- Gather information to complete Security Incident Reports
- Search for and return patients to the hospitals that are not authorized to leave campus
- Operate electronic doors, surveillance equipment, two-way radio and telephone
- Ensure accountability of equipment, keys, ID badge, gate money and other controlled items
We're looking for professionals that have:
- High School diploma or GED and two years of experience as a security guard, correctional officer or store investigations, police officer, police reserve officer, military police, or other law enforcement employment
- Valid driver's license
- Strong work ethic; punctual and dependable; effective communication
- Ability to use security database
*One year of experience as a WA State Security Guard 1 will substitute for above experience. A certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training program approved by the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission or a certificate of completion in a police or reserve police academy or military training program will substitute for one of the two years of required experience.
Questions? Email Brenda.Fitzpatrick@dshs.wa.gov or call (509) 363-5032 and reference #11048
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" on your website and on printed materials.