State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS WSH Physician
at State of Washington
The Opportunity For You
The Department of Social and Health Services has an immediate opening for a Primary Care Physician at Western State Hospital (WSH). You'll provide treatment for a wide variety of patient populations including adult, forensic, geriatric, and people with developmental disabilities. Working closely with multiple disciples, you'll provide patient-focused medical care while building long-term relationships with patients.
Our goal is to hire compassionate and dynamic physicians who are comfortable working in an inpatient psychiatric setting. Physicians at WSH become part of a closely knit team of healthcare professionals who ensure that patients receive the best care possible. This physician can be skilled in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
Your role within the hospital
- Direct, review and provide primary medical assessment, diagnosis and treatment services to patients with acute and chronic medical conditions
- Perform admission and physical examination, evaluation of laboratory tests
- Formulate treatment regimens and perform admission and annual physical exams.
- Review medical histories and diagnostic tests, and interpret lab tests and clinical diagnostic procedures
- Perform daily rounds and assess, diagnose and treat onset of new medical issues
- Implement health prevention guidelines and coordinates referrals to specialty consultants
- Perform minor surgical procedures, deliver emergency medical responses and mortality and morbidity reviews
Washington State offers a total work/life package that includes competitive pay, benefits, flexibility and workplace opportunities all aimed at getting the most out of a career and life. Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle blends a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature. The job itself is located in Lakewood which is situated between Olympia and Seattle, presenting the ideal place to live, work, play and be a part of a community. Year round outdoor activities are especially plentiful given the area's natural beauty and four seasons. City life or nature; it's all within your reach.
Compensation and benefits
- Opportunity to work on complex cases
- A competitive base salary to $246,468 annually
- Day One benefit package that rivals any employer in Washington State
- WA State retirement pension program and Deferred Compensation Program
- Generous leave package, which includes 8 days CME leave
- $5,000 annual allowance for CME courses
- Student Loan Repayment Incentive
- Relocation assistance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- DSHS provided support staff and operating expenses
- Weekends are your weekends
- On-call work is voluntary and well-compensated at 1.25 time's regular pay
- Valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington or ability to obtain one by official start of employment
- Completion of an approved residency program in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
Interested in applying?
Please attach on-line or send a resume/CV to Senior Recruiter, Jenny at email@example.com. Applicants for 01063 will be reviewed on an on-going basis until filled. If you have any questions, you are encouraged to contact Jenny by email or phone 360-725-5848.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security