State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS WSH Mental Health Technician
at State of Washington
If you are ready to put your registration as a nursing assistant to work and desire to provide care to patients with psychiatric and physical health issues, consider this exciting opportunity. Western State Hospital is seeking motivated Mental Health Technicians with a passion for helping people with behavioral health issues. In this role you will make real, lasting differences in the lives of our patients. Come be part of a team which helps people on their way to recovery and join us on our mission to Transform Lives.
Some of what you'll do
- Provide nursing care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse
- Deliver care per individual treatment plan
- Follow all hospital, state, and federal regulatory standards, policies, and procedures
- De-escalate patients
- Move and transfer patients
- Communicate information to registered nurses regarding changes of condition and clinical information
- Escort and transport patients
What we're looking for
- Ability to communicate with management, peers, clients, and the public
- Proficiency in the operation of computers, copy machines, metal detectors, and patient lifting equipment
- Ability to adjust scheduled hours of work to meet the hospital's workload demands
- Willingness to work with patients who have behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, social, medical, correctional problems, and who may exhibit inappropriate, non-compliant, and aggressive behavior
Who should apply
Professionals who have high school diploma or GED AND a current Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) or Nursing Assistant Registration (NAR).
Information regarding NAR with the State of Washington can be found here.
Questions? Please contact a DSHS Recruiter at (509) 363-4971 and reference #09458.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security