State of Washington
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSHS SCC Occupational Therapist
at State of Washington
DSHS Occupational Therapist 1
Here's your chance to put your Occupational Therapist education to work! Join the Special Commitment Center (SCC) and help residents restore their abilities to perform basic life skills. You'll be part of an extended care team aiding long-term clients, which allows you the opportunity to grow your career. You'll also assess clients, create plans, and work towards helping clients meet certain goals. This is an opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives!
The Special Commitment Center is a highly structured and secure treatment setting located on McNeil Island. Water transportation is provided to employees from Steilacoom to McNeil Island. See why others have chosen a career at the Special Commitment Center on this video: Transforming Lives
Some of what you'll do:
- Evaluate and assess resident's motor, sensory and ADL skills
- Develop occupational therapy plans and treatment goals for individuals and groups
- Facilitate group occupational therapy service on a daily basis
- Provide occupational therapy treatment to clients with complex problems in the areas of activities of daily living, gross and fine motor, sensory motor, cognitive and psychosocial skills
Who should apply?
Professionals who have graduated from an accredited Occupational Therapy program, have successfully completed the National Board Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) exam, and have a current Washington State license to practice as an Occupational Therapist.
Our ideal applicant will also have the following:
- Experience observing and analyzing behavioral patterns and function
- In-depth working knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
- Working knowledge of local, State and Federal laws related to the facility
- Knowledge of mental illness and recovery principles
- Experience working with difficult or angry clients in a therapeutic, non-threatening manner
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing with external and internal stakeholders, including clients and public.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (360) 725-5885 and reference job number 02723.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security